Old tags (notes once removed) remain in all tabs (2.0.1+)

PeeWee678

Old tags (notes once removed) remain in all tabs (2.0.1+)

Postby PeeWee678 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Alex,

EDIT: This is actually not a real problem since I can delete the old tags but it got me confused; that's why I decided to report it as a bug. I can't reproduce the bug in 2.0.2 beta 1 so I guess maybe it's a remnant of a bug in 2.0.1 or 2.0
...................................................................................................................................

I use several tabs. I noticed the following: in all tabs, a few tags can be found but with 0 (!) notes. The tags did once exist but only in one specific tab... I once deleted the notes there but the tags remained and they can be found in all tabs. (to experiment I deleted one of the tags (with 0 notes) and it deleted the tag (in all tabs).

Problem occurs since 2.0.1 or earlier (I now use 2.0.2 beta 1).
I'm not sure when this happened and I can't reproduce it, at least not in this beta version (maybe it happened in 2.0 or 2.0.1??). Are you interested in my DB again?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Old tags (notes once removed) remain in all tabs (2.0.1+

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Probably you've created these tags via context menu. Such tags, unlike the tags created "on the fly" in the note editor, don't have the "autodeleted" property, so they are not automatically deleted when you delete all notes they are assigned to. Can this be the case?
Alex
PeeWee678

Postby PeeWee678 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Yeah that's right. It was an experiment with child tags (never used them) and indeed I made the tags via the context menu. Thanks for clarification.

NOTE: If I create a tag with the context menu in a specific tab, the tag can be found after that in all tabs (like I wrote). That's what confused me. Is that normal behaviour? (I created a separate thread for this bug, if it's a bug)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 am

I've answered in that thead.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”