Link-Color in the notes editor

Urmel

Link-Color in the notes editor

Postby Urmel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:50 am

When I enter a weblink in the text of a note, the color of this link will be changed when I enter the second letter after the dot. The problem is, that the color of this link will be changed from black to gray. And then, the text of the link can only be read arduously.

I've not found a way to change this behavior. How I can change the color in the text editor to a better reading color such as dark blue?

In the notes list, the link color is black (this will be changed when I open a note to gray).
Is there a way to change this color too (to dark blue in example?).

Thank you for your help.
-Urs-
User with a CintaNotes Lifetime PRO License
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Link-Color in the notes editor

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Urmel,

I tried to reproduce the problem but no luck - all my links are blue.
Maybe it's somehow connected to the desktop theme you're using?
Could you please post a screenshot?
Thanks!
Alex
Urmel

Postby Urmel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:I tried to reproduce the problem but no luck - all my links are blue.

I love problems, they can't be reproduced by others... ;-)

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Maybe it's somehow connected to the desktop theme you're using?

I've stopped or exited all programs that change somethings on the desktop like a window manager, a virtual desktops utility and so on. But the problem is already in existence. In other information manager like RightNote all weblinks are blue. I've deleted the CintaNotes settings file, the keyfile. I've started cintanote with a new database and I've do this with several versions since the version 1.2. I have exited all programs that have a icon in the systray all but not the anti virus program.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Could you please post a screenshot?

I've uploaded the images on my public section on SkyDrive. The upload with the Img
wasn't possible.

Screenshot with a weblink in a note on the notes list:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fa355c68769e1362#cid=FA355C68769E1362&id=FA355C68769E1362%21138

The same note with the weblink in the notes editor:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fa355c68769e1362#cid=FA355C68769E1362&id=FA355C68769E1362%21137

I have no more ideas, what I can do, to isolate the source of the problem.
Urmel

Postby Urmel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:47 pm

Hi Alex

I've found the cause of the problem. Yesterday, I have seen a vCard from a homepage with the same grayed out links. So it was obvious, that the cause of the problem is to search in windows, not in CintaNotes.

I work with Win7sp1/64bit. And I work with a changed Windows 7-Basic design. In the windows colors from this, the link color was set to the light gray, that you have seen in the screenshot. I have set this color do a darker blue. After that, I have to exit CintaNotes and start it again. And then... the blue color is back to CintaNotes (and I'm happy)!

I myself hasn't changed this color in Windows. I hasn't changed any color of this settings for a longer time. I can't understand this mysterious incident.

I hope, that you don't have invested to much time for this problem. I'm sorry, that I have supposed that the problem is to search in CintaNotes. A few other programs that display links, show this with the right color...

Thank you for your patience,
-Urs-
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 am

Hi Urmel,
thanks for letting me know, I'm glad that you've sorted the issue out!
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”