gravi_t

Problems with sort in v2.0.2 portable free

Postby gravi_t » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:22 pm

I was using 1.8.3 and then upgraded to 2.0.2, I noticed these after that:

1. Cannot set sort order
Every time I open CintaNotes, it sets itself to
- Reverse order and
- Sort by date created
I want it to sort by title and non-reversed order. No matter how many times I set it, when I restart the app, it is back to reverse/date created

The settings file clearly says, to no avail:
viewstate.notebook[c7317a4a-d46a-479c-a2d8-b0e15568b5c4].section[0].reversed = 0
viewstate.notebook[c7317a4a-d46a-479c-a2d8-b0e15568b5c4].section[0].sorting = title

I did not have this problem with 1.8.3
Edit: I also tried v2.0.0 and that works fine too -- will use this version for now.

2. Export notes feature request

When I go to File --> Export, the default selection is "Selected notes" and not "All notes". Now I don't remember whether this was the case with previous versions or not (checked and it was "Selected notes"), but I'd prefer it to be "All notes" by default. I can live with this though. Not so much with the "non-settable" sort.

Thanks.

--- --- --- --- ---

Edit:

I just got a popup about a new version - v2.0.2.4, which says "sort and search settings of every section is now remembered". Downloaded it, but it still does not remember for me.
Last edited by gravi_t on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Lohrum

Re: Problems with sort in v2.0.2 portable free

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 pm

gravi_t wrote:1. Cannot set sort order
Every time I open CintaNotes, it sets itself to
- Reverse order and
- Sort by date created

This should be fixed with 2.0.3 beta 2. You can try it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1537#p6724

gravi_t wrote:2. Export notes feature request When I go to File --> Export, the default selection is "Selected notes" and not "All notes". Now I don't remember whether this was the case with previous versions or not (checked and it was "Selected notes"), but I'd prefer it to be "All notes" by default. I can live with this though. Not so much with the "non-settable" sort.

This was changed in a previous version to be consistent, when the active note was the only selected note. I suggest to select all notes pressing Ctrl+A prior calling the export-dialog.

Thomas
gravi_t

Re: Problems with sort in v2.0.2 portable free

Postby gravi_t » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Ha!
You posted your reply while I wasd adding the "Edit" at the end of my original post.
Tried the new beta (v2.0.3b2), it works fine, thanks.

As for the export, seems I'll have to remember to check "All notes".

Again, thanks for the quick reply.

Return to “Bug Reports”