Sync Problem!

boboo54

Sync Problem!

Postby boboo54 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm

I use CintaNotes now for a few months, and today I had the following problem:
I don't know how, but while I was on the phone and editing a note at the same time, I suddenly lost the note at all!??(I was surprised how that is possible!)
But anyhow, I went to SimpleNote where is a possibility to go back in time with a note.
I set it one step back, that was no problem, and I thought Cintanotes should then change back too, but it did not. Instead SimpleNote was changed instead, so it did not help me. (While the SimpleNote synchronisation Properties are set at a conflict resolution policy: take the last modified)
Luckily I had a backup of the Cintanotes.db file at my laptop too, so I could set it back. But after starting CintaNotes, the correct db-file was again replaced by the (wrong) one from SimpleNote.
Then I turned off the synchronize possibility in Cintanotes, and thought the problem would be solved. But after starting Cintanotes, the synchronization was set on automatically. Problem again.
Then I changed my password on the Simplenote site. Only now it is possible to set back my good Cintanotes.db file, but no syncing is possible, because then I loose the right db-file.

What am I doing wrong, or is it a bug in the synchronisation?
kp_denis

Re: Sync Problem!

Postby kp_denis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:55 am

Hi, thanks for the report!

Could you please activate the Help/Debug/Debug Logging mode, repeat the problem, and send the generated log.1.txt file back to support@cintanotes.com?
Also please tell me uid of this note (which located at bottom of note text in Simplenote web client (for example Uid: c649390d-1919-4a23-b12c-9423b0c610b8))

Thanks!

Return to “Bug Reports”