SQLite Error 11: database disk image is malformed

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: SQLite Error 11: database disk image is malformed

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:14 am

Please try the new 2.1 Beta 2:
http://www.cintanotes.com/forum/viewtop ... f=3&t=1581

It should be able to read any version of .db file!
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:Can you tell some details, please?! How would that help me? How can i verify it actually affects me?
In versions before MAR06-2:
1) Create a note
(...)
In version MAR06-2 this has been fixed.[/qoute]

Thank you for the details. Though, it is unlikely that this is the cause for my reported problems.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:When selecting a file which contains spaces, CN creates an invalid link. Spaces must be converted to %20, but they don't. Wasn't that, what the whole point was about?! I also noticed CN creates "file://" only. It runs, but i expected it to be a link like this "file:///".
Yes, we'll fix this, thanks!

It's not in beta 2, so i guess it will be in the final. No problem.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Thank you for the details. Though, it is unlikely that this is the cause for my reported problems.

Well, let's see if they manifest again. Hope that you'll be able to run with debug logging on for a while)

It's not in beta 2, so i guess it will be in the final. No problem.

Yes, it will be in the final release.
Alex
paulobrabo

Postby paulobrabo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 am

Oops, this problem just got me too: Windows 7 Home premium.

I'm a pro user with the latest version of CN installed. Yesterday the problems begun. If I try to save any note (either an existing one or a new one), I get the SQLite Error 11: database disk image is malformed message.

I tried the latest beta 2.1 b2 and it was able to read the old database, but the problem persists.

When I close the program after that:
class err::InvalidStateException
Precondition failed:
ui::Window::getHwnd
isAttached()

By the way I used CN in three different PCs with a single DB shared with Dropbox.
paulobrabo

Postby paulobrabo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:02 am

Well, I exported the original database as .xml and imported safely all existing notes into a new database. Let's see if the problem resurfaces!
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:11 am

Hi paulobrabo,

have you upgraded to 2.1 final yet?
It should fix the issue. Please let me know if the problem shows up again. thanks!
Alex
paulobrabo

Postby paulobrabo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi,

I updated to 2.1 and it didn't fix the corrupted database. The crash/error message was still there every time I tried to save a note.

But I was able to recover all notes using the method I described: I exported the corrupted database as .xml and imported safely all existing notes into a new database.

If it happens again I'll be sure to let you know.

P
Mark S.

Postby Mark S. » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 pm

I've gotten this error too, but I'm running vsn 2.0. I was running debug at the time, but don't know if its useful since my version is old. Guess I'll upgrade (finally) and see if that helps. Odd that I can run for months and not have the problem.

Mark
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 am

paulobrabo wrote:Hi,

I updated to 2.1 and it didn't fix the corrupted database. The crash/error message was still there every time I tried to save a note.

But I was able to recover all notes using the method I described: I exported the corrupted database as .xml and imported safely all existing notes into a new database.

If it happens again I'll be sure to let you know.

P

Yes, please keep me informed about this!
For now we hope that 2.1 shouldn't allow your database to get corrupted anymore.
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:24 am

Mark S. wrote:I've gotten this error too, but I'm running vsn 2.0. I was running debug at the time, but don't know if its useful since my version is old. Guess I'll upgrade (finally) and see if that helps. Odd that I can run for months and not have the problem.

Mark

Hi Mark,
2.0 is really old now andI strongly advise you to update to 2.1!
Please let me know how it goes with 2.1.
Alex
lufewert

Postby lufewert » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Hello, the solution I've found is to open another Cinta Notes instance, copy all of the notes in the DB with error and paste them in the new instance...presto! :D

pd: All notes will get in one section.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:33 am

lufewert wrote:Hello, the solution I've found is to open another Cinta Notes instance, copy all of the notes in the DB with error and paste them in the new instance...presto! :D

pd: All notes will get in one section.

Hi, thanks for the input. This is a good solution, but the one with renaming and importing is more reliable. This one can't be used if the db is so corrupted that CN can't even load it.
Alex
Schreiber

Postby Schreiber » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:25 pm

I've been getting this error a lot recently with the past couple versions (including the recently released 2.9.3). It usually comes up when I close a note. Are there any developments with dealing with this issue? Should I do anything to make sure my Cintanotes database is safe?

Oh, I just found the very helpful instructions here.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:20 pm

These messages indicate that there are problems with your database file integrity.
Usually rebuilding the database file via import helps.
If someone would post a repeatable set of steps to reproduce the problem, we would be able to fix. Alas, no one has managed to find out the reproduction steps yet.
Alex
Yule

Postby Yule » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:23 pm

I have encountered this problem today as well, was very frightened and frustrated (a very important notebook, 7.5 MB of pure text!). Import helped. This happened completely out of the blue and I did nothing special. The program sits in the system tray for weeks, from time to time I add a new note or edit an old one. And this time - I tried to open the program using desktop shortcut, the program told me that an already running copy was activated. I tried to add a note and received the "malformed" message.

(Original message text:
Сегодня вдруг тоже увидела эту проблему, очень испугалась и расстроилась (очень важная для меня база, 7,5 Мбайт чистого текста!). Помог импорт. Как говорится, "ничто не предвещало" и "я ничего такого не делала". Программа неделями висела у меня в трее, время от времени добавляю новые заметки и редактирую старую. И вот в очередной раз - пытаюсь открыть по значку на рабочем столе, программа говорит, что открыта уже работающая копия. Я попыталась добавить заметку и получила сообщение про malformed.)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:51 am

Helli Yule,

Thanks for your message! Please note that in this forum you have to write in English, so that all interested CN users could understand. I took the liberty to translate your message.

If you want to communicate with me in Russian, you're welcome to do it over email by writing to support@cintanotes.com.

Sorry to hear about the issue. Unfortunately up to this time we weren't able to reliable reproduce the issue in a controlled environment.
Usually the corruption happens after a power failure or system crash.

Anyway, since you write that "import helped', I take it that you don't require any further assistance. Please let me know if that's not the case,
thanks!

(Для получения техподдержки на русском языке, пожалуйста напишите на support@cintanotes.com. Спасибо!)
Alex
Yule

Postby Yule » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:54 am

Dear Developer, thank you for your answer, and translation, and the program itself. It's a real find... for collecting poems and making poetry anthologies, surprise!

I don't know would this be helpful or not, but in my case it was exactly NOT either after system crash or after power failure. Now I don't face any problem with my precious notebook 8-)
Ovg

Postby Ovg » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:25 am

2Yule
BTW Don't forget to make backups, someday it could save your life ;)
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
CN 3.14β3 LifeTime Pro Licence / Windows 7 SP1 x64
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:00 am

Hi Yule,

Thanks for your kind words! Really glad that now all is ok with your notebook.
Unfortunately database corruptions are not always reported immediately.
A corrupted database may work for some time until an attempt is made to write
into a corrupted spot. This means that the system crash or power failure may have
happened some time ago. So Ovg is right, make sure to make backups!
Alex
rhickman

Postby rhickman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:56 pm

For the record, I got this error (SQLite Error 11: database disk image is malformed) the other day, but it was actually when the .db file was swapped out under CintaNotes and one note had moved from one section to another in the updated file. It just repeatedly gave the error over and over again until I forcibly closed the application. However, upon opening it again, it was fine.

Return to “Bug Reports”