New Note hotkey

gunars

New Note hotkey

Postby gunars » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 pm

In a test db, I have the default two sections: Main and Clips (designated as clipping inbox), with Main selected as the current section. If I insert a new note with either Edit->New Note, Insert or Ctrl-N, the new note edit window pops up with Main as the target section. However, if I go to Options->Hot Keys and explicitly set Ctrl-N as the New Note hot key, Ctrl-N now brings up the edit window with Clips instead of Main. The same thing happens with any other hotkey I specify for new note. This is on 2.4 and 2.5B1.

Gunars
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: New Note hotkey

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:55 am

Unlike internal application commands, the "New Note Hotkey" is system-wide and puts the note into a section
marked as Inbox section (right click on a tab -> "Set As Inbox For Clipping").
The main idea is that when you press this hotkey, you usually don't see which section is currently active
and thus want to have a catch-all section.
If no section is assigned as Inbox, then the note will go into the currently active section.
If there are several sections selected, the note will go into the section which has been selected first.
Alex
gunars

Postby gunars » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:55 am

Ah, ok. I see now the difference between using the built-in Ctrl-N just within CN and specifying the system-wide hot key as Ctrl-N and using it everywhere. Perhaps this could be clarified a bit in the helps. Also, you might consider changing "Inbox for Clipping" to just "Inbox" and describing that it's used for both system-wide functions.

Gunars
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:22 am

We'll imrove the wording in the help and in the UI, Gunars! Thanks!
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”