Bug: inconsistent display of tag and subtag chain

RSchiaffino

Bug: inconsistent display of tag and subtag chain

Postby RSchiaffino » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:46 pm

CN 3.5 (current)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Bug: Inconsistent display of tags and subtags

I have a tag chain that goes ARpd_2561602/Questions/Answered

On adding to this a further sublevel, i.e., "ARpd_2561602/Questions/Answered/Corrected", or "ARpd_2561602/Questions/Answered/Reviewed", for certain tags what is displayed is no longer the entire chain, but only the lowest tag. This, however, not for all tags, i.e.,
ARpd_2561602/Questions/Answered/Reviewed is displayed as simply "Reviewed", while
ARpd_2561602/Questions/Answered/Corrected is displayed as ARpd_2561602/Questions/Answered/Corrected (i.e., correctly)

CN_Bug_Inconsistent_display_of_tags.jpg
CN_Bug_Inconsistent_display_of_tags.jpg (210.8 KiB) Viewed 8046 times

Further: if I copy one of the notes with this tag chain, and change the chain in the copied note (e.g., from ARpd_2561602/Questions/Answered/Reviewed to ARpd_Test/Questions/Answered/Reviewed), the tag chain in both the original note (and the other notes with the same tags), and in the new copied note display correctly. However, if I then delete the copied note, the tag chain returns to the incorrect display.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Bug: inconsistent display of tag and subtag chain

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Do you have "Always display full tag names" set in the notes list settings?
Alex
RSchiaffino

Postby RSchiaffino » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi Alex,

Actually that wasn't selected. Now I have selected it.
However, I'm still puzzled: why display one tag one way and the other, at the same level, a different way?

Riccardo
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:44 pm

CN tries to display short tag name when possible (by "short" I mean the innermost name segment). However when 2 or more tags have same short name, CN displays full name to disambiguate.
In your case, most probably "Corrected" is also part of some other tag's name (maybe from other section), but "Reviewed" is unique.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”