[Confirmed] System tray inconsistency

supulton

[Confirmed] System tray inconsistency

Postby supulton » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:55 am

Not sure if this is a bug(?)
Relatively minor, nonetheless.

When I click on the CintaNotes icon in the system tray, there appears to be an inconsistency to the "second" clicking action. Where I expect that a second click (on the system tray icon) would simply minimize CintaNotes, it seems to alternate between minimizing, focusing the CintaNotes window, and unfocusing the window.

On Windows XP system, running CintaNotes Beta M9 (portable).
Midas

Re: System tray inconsistency

Postby Midas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:02 am

Couldn't reproduce this on M10 preview: a second click just minimizes CintaNotes window (to tray, in my case...).

EDIT: it even works when the secondary note window is displayed...
:D Midas, your friendly nugget gobbler, with a message from our sponsors:

Ask questions the smart way -- see www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/
ale

Postby ale » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:18 pm

I can see the focusing/defocusing effect, both with M9 and M10 preview. To reproduce this we may click to the tray icon repeadetly and in a pretty fast way... let's say 10 clicks in three seconds and we should see it :)
supulton

Postby supulton » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:22 pm

ale wrote:I can see the focusing/defocusing effect, both with M9 and M10 preview. To reproduce this we may click to the tray icon repeadetly and in a pretty fast way... let's say 10 clicks in three seconds and we should see it :)

Admittedly, I was under the influence of caffeine and more prone to clicking system tray icons repeatedly when I discovered this. :lol:
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [Open] System tray inconsistency

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:46 am

I confirm the problem. However it requires that you click on the tray icon really fast. I see no easy fix for it, it will require going deep into WinAPI.

So.. an old anecdote came to my mind:

"Doctor, when I put my hands like this and twist my leg like this, it makes this scary sound..."
"Have you tried not doing it?" :lol:
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”