No longer copying selected text

Haos17

No longer copying selected text

Postby Haos17 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:54 pm

I installed CintaNotes 1.1C a few days ago, and it worked brilliantly.
When I tried using it the following day, I found it wouldn't copy the selected text.

Day 1: browsing using IE7 on WinXP. Found an interesting website. Highlighted URL, pressed default Ctrl-F12. Created new note in CintaNotes, with Title from website, content was the highlighted URL, and the Link field also contained the url or the page. All good.

Day 2:browsing using IE7 on WinXP. Found an interesting website. Highlighted URL, pressed default Ctrl-F12. Created new note in CintaNotes, but while the Title had been filled in, there was no content in the text pane, and no url in the Link field. I could copy and paste the URL into the note, but it wouldn't do it automatically. Tried a few more times, and gave up.

Day 3:Still not working, so I tried using the portable version of CintaNotes. Same behaviour.

This is all on my machine at work. I don't have admin rights. I haven't changed any of the default options.

I'll try it at home and see what happens. Not sure I've rebooted since it stopped working. Will have to check that.
Haos17

Re: No longer copying selected text

Postby Haos17 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:19 am

OK, works at home.

At work it's behaving as if I've selected Options-After Clipping-Open In Editor. It doesn't matter if I select or unselect that option, it still behaves the same, (i.e. opens the edit window, but with no text or link pasted in).
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:43 am

Hello and thanks for the report!

I'll try to reproduce the problem and get back to you with the results.
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:06 am

I couldn't reproduce the problem :(

Please try this version and tell if it works for you:
download/file.php?id=94
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”