Font Size

CRK

Font Size

Postby CRK » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Hello

I'm a new user and would like to know if there is any way to change the font size in a note. Any help would be appreciated.

CRK
Thomas Lohrum

Re: Font Size

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Chech menu "options" --> "notes list appearance".

Alex, i think this is the second question within one week asking for that issue. It is not obvious, that the font option is hidden in the "notes list" menu. Nor is it obvious, that the setting will be used for the editor too. Especially since the editor is the more dominant control. I would expect to have an editor setting on oits own. Another option would be the context menu of the editor. The problem here is that people might think this could be a per note setting in that case.

Thomas
CRK

Postby CRK » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Thanks.

Indeed, the location of the menu item is not obvious. Perhaps it can be changed in an upcoming version.
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:59 pm

I suggest to extract the font settings to a dialog on its own, which should be located under options\font settings.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Alex, i think this is the second question within one week asking for that issue. It is not obvious, that the font option is hidden in the "notes list" menu. Nor is it obvious, that the setting will be used for the editor too. Especially since the editor is the more dominant control. I would expect to have an editor setting on oits own. Another option would be the context menu of the editor. The problem here is that people might think this could be a per note setting in that case.

I agree. I've written it down for future versions (but with low prio).
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:49 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:I agree. I've written it down for future versions (but with low prio).

Fine. :)
_tom_

Postby _tom_ » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:Alex, i think this is the second question within one week asking for that issue. It is not obvious, that the font option is hidden in the "notes list" menu. Nor is it obvious, that the setting will be used for the editor too. Especially since the editor is the more dominant control. I would expect to have an editor setting on oits own. Another option would be the context menu of the editor. The problem here is that people might think this could be a per note setting in that case.

I agree. I've written it down for future versions (but with low prio).

I was able to find this thread here - but I had almost started a new one: requesting modifiable font size.
What makes it difficult to find is that menu option shows as:

Options >Notes List...

I didnt know what 'Notes List..' meant, but presumed it was absolutely nothing to do with font size.
The full 'Notes List appearance' would have given me a better clue.
(Could this be to do with having the system font @ 125% on a FHD laptop screen?)

Thanks,
Tom
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:50 am

_tom_ wrote:I was able to find this thread here - but I had almost started a new one: requesting modifiable font size.
What makes it difficult to find is that menu option shows as:

Options >Notes List...

I didnt know what 'Notes List..' meant, but presumed it was absolutely nothing to do with font size.
The full 'Notes List appearance' would have given me a better clue.
(Could this be to do with having the system font @ 125% on a FHD laptop screen?)

Hello Tom,

yes as I said, I agree that the option is not easily discoverable as it is.
The thing is, we are going to redesign the options menu in the future anyway (move all
global configuration to the Preferences dialog), so it makes little sense to make ad hoc adjustments
now.
Alex
_tom_

Postby _tom_ » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:05 pm

^ Sounds good :thumbsup:
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:00 am

Hello Aldoned, sorry but I don't quite get what you mean?
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”