Keyboard problems running on Windows 8.1

Thomas Lohrum

Keyboard problems running on Windows 8.1

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi Alex,

i am using a Cherry JD-0400DE-2 wireless keyboard with Windows 8.1. Ever since, i have the problem of duplicate keystrokes. For example i type a single "C", but it will be duplicated such as "CCherry". Today, for the first time, my problems got worse. Some keystrokes did not function anymore. For example Ctrl+Del always was interpreted as a single "Del". Even in other applications. Restarting CintaNotes did solve the issue. Seems something going wrong with Cinta's Keyboard hook.

Any ideas?

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard problems running on Windows 8.1

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:35 am

Hi Thomas,

This is strange because the only place where CN is using keyboard hooks is in the "Options / Hot Keys" dialog.
So that only thing which uses a kb hook is that hot key editor component.

The clipping hotkey is a regular system-wide hotkey and it doesn't use keyboard hooks.

Are you 100% sure that CintaNotes is causing this problem?
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:54 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Are you 100% sure that CintaNotes is causing this problem?

No, i am not sure about CintaNotes causing the problem. My intention was (a) to make you aware about possible problems and (b) gain a better understanding of CintaNotes, so i can better track, what causes this. Thanks for the clarification.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm

No problem, Thomas. Please let me know if it still turns out that CN is to blame.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”