tag hiding

Thomas Lohrum

tag hiding

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi Alex,

with one of the recent versions, tags per section was introduced. Nice, but i'd prefer the old style to have all tags all time visible. Is there an option to turn it off?

Thanks.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: tag hiding

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Hi Thomas.
Sure. Options/Tags/Context-sensitive suggestions (turn off)
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Thanks. That did it fix :) I'm wondering though "what is the context?". If the option is enabled it will give me results such as when i type "yy":

tags/xx.yy
tags/dd.yy

Note, that xx.yy is not used in the active section.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:45 pm

When you edit a note, this note's current section is the context, not the active section in the main window.

Also remember that suggestions are auto-expanded when there are no suggestions in the current context.
For example, you type "yy", but if a note already has tag "dd.yy", it would be stupid to suggest it again.
Since there are no more tags with "yy" in the current context, CN starts suggesting tags from all sections.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:50 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:When you edit a note, this note's current section is the context, not the active section in the main window.

Thanks. However, this one tag is not used in that section, nor is it contained in the note's tags.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Also remember that suggestions are auto-expanded when there are no suggestions in the current context.

Yes, but it can happen that i have to type quite some chars until the auto-expand will jump in. I had cases when i thought, the tag would not even exist until i used Ctrl+Space to show them all.

I am trying to better understand the feature, it has it's charm, but i'll probably stick with the option disabled.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:25 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Thanks. However, this one tag is not used in that section, nor is it contained in the note's tags.

Then there must have been at least one other match in the current context, otherwise the context would have been expanded.

Yes, but it can happen that i have to type quite some chars until the auto-expand will jump in. I had cases when i thought, the tag would not even exist until i used Ctrl+Space to show them all.

Yes, you have to type enough to exclude from consideration all partial matches from the current context.
Sometimes this might be not possible, if the needed tag from other context is a prefix of a longer tag in the current context: for example, if you have tag "popsicle" in the current context, there's no way to see the tag "pop" from the external context unless you press Ctrl+Space.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”