[Ann] CintaNotes 3.1.3 Beta 2

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

[Ann] CintaNotes 3.1.3 Beta 2

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi,
Thanks to usbpoweredfridge, Thomas, and date, who took a look at the 3.1.3 beta 1.
Here's the second and last beta of the 3.1.3 version.
In this version, we improved the tag drag&drop feature according to the feedback received.

Mar 18, 2016 - Version 3.1.3 Beta2

In this version:

Enhancements:
  • Drag-and-dropping of tags within the Tag sidebar
    • Esc now cancels drag and drop operation
    • More clearly visible and wider drop hint lines
    • Fixed bug caused by pressing Alt+Tab during drag & drop
    • Added ability to drop before the first and after the last tag
  • Option to use single Tab press to insert TAB character instead of Ctrl+Tab (see "Options/Editor/Tab Character" menu)

Fixes:
  • Clipping: backlinks to documents were not always added even when they were present in the process's command line
  • CN didn't restore to maximized size from system tray
  • Link to file not copied properly if path contained non-ASCII characters
  • Notes count control was cut off at 120 DPI
  • Display scaling caused CintaNotes to crash in Windows 10
  • Unnecessary save confirmation on pressing Esc in empty new note
  • "Database locked" error when CN was used on a network share

Download:
Installable: CintaNotes_3_1_3_Beta2_Setup.exe
Portable: CintaNotes_3_1_3_Beta2.zip
Alex
usbpoweredfridge

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 3.1.3 Beta 2

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:28 am

Hi Alex,

CintaNotes Developer wrote:[*] Esc now cancels drag and drop operation

Can confirm this works.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:[*] More clearly visible and wider drop hint lines

Looks exactly the same as Beta 1 here. What has changed exactly?

CintaNotes Developer wrote:[*] Added ability to drop before the first and after the last tag

I can't seem to do either! I could do the former in Beta 1 (needed pixel precision to do it, but it could be done, but now it seems not possible at all).
Edit: Managed to do it. Still requires fairly precise pixel moving with the mouse is the key.

Chris
Last edited by usbpoweredfridge on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:00 am

usbpoweredfridge wrote:Looks exactly the same as Beta 1 here. What has changed exactly?

The shade is now much darker, and the in-beetween-tags line is now 4px in height instead of merely 2.

usbpoweredfridge wrote:I can't seem to do either! I could do the former in Beta 1 (needed pixel precision to do it, but it could be done, but now it seems not possible at all).
Edit: Managed to do it. Still requires fairly precise pixel moving with the mouse is the key.

Yes, probably it requires too much mouse dexterity at the moment. We'll definitely improve it in the next version that comes after 3.1.3. Thanks!
Alex
date

Postby date » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:11 pm

I think the thicker lines make the ability to move tags 'between' tags more discoverable... (as I didn't notice this was possible in the first beta.)

I moved tags around a little bit, and noticed it is sometimes heavy on the system. Small operations give an animated move, bigger ones let CN hang a bit. Especially if there are just a few notes, but the same tag name is used in another section.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:02 pm

date wrote:I think the thicker lines make the ability to move tags 'between' tags more discoverable... (as I didn't notice this was possible in the first beta.)

I moved tags around a little bit, and noticed it is sometimes heavy on the system. Small operations give an animated move, bigger ones let CN hang a bit. Especially if there are just a few notes, but the same tag name is used in another section.

Thanks for the feedback. I also noticed something like a 200ms freeze after dropping some tags. However since it is not a major problem, I won't stop the release. We'll fix this in the later updates.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”