[Open] Just selecting text creates new note when babylon is running (beta m9)

Gerard

[Open] Just selecting text creates new note when babylon is running (beta m9)

Postby Gerard » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi, I am a newbie but very enthusiastic about Cintanotes. It's fast and lean, uses very little memory (I am fed up with bloatware). I've tried lots and lots of PIM's and notetakers (and purchased way too many of them) and immediately recognized the value of Cintanotes.

[Buglet?] I just found out that when babylon is running just selecting text automatically creates a new note without me hitting Ctrl-F12 first. That is an annoying conflict, as I use babylon a lot. Luckily babylon 8 can be disabled in the traybar without shutting it down all together, which remedies the problem somewhat.

I've read the help file and skimmed the forum but didn't find this problem mentioned before - if I didn't miss it.

Cheers,
Gerard
Last edited by CintaNotes Developer on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tag corrected.
ale

Re: [Buglet?] Just selecting text creates new note when babylon is running (beta m9)

Postby ale » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Hello Gerard welcome to the forum and to CintaNotes,
I downloaded the trial version of Babylon but I could not reproduce your issue. Do you select a piece of text anywhere? are there any extra steps to see the error?

You might review and try to change hot keys in Babylon or in CintaNotes and see if it helps, my humble guess is there might be a kind of clash or conflict of hot keys in your system.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [Open] Just selecting text creates new note when babylon is running (beta m9)

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:45 am

Hello Gerard,

could you please tell me the exact Babylon version and web browser you are using it with? Thanks
Alex
Gerard

Re: [Buglet?] Just selecting text creates new note when babylon is running (beta m9)

Postby Gerard » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:27 am

ale wrote:Hello Gerard welcome to the forum and to CintaNotes,
I downloaded the trial version of Babylon but I could not reproduce your issue. Do you select a piece of text anywhere? are there any extra steps to see the error?

You might review and try to change hot keys in Babylon or in CintaNotes and see if it helps, my humble guess is there might be a kind of clash or conflict of hot keys in your system.

Thanks Ale. I also think it might be a conflict of apps in my system. I am not sure it is about hot keys, because I can just select text anywhere without hitting a key, and it starts a new note in Cintanotes. It doesn't matter where I select text, firefox, word, etc.
Gerard

Re: [Open] Just selecting text creates new note when babylon is running (beta m9)

Postby Gerard » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:42 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Hello Gerard,

could you please tell me the exact Babylon version and web browser you are using it with? Thanks

Hello Alex,
I use Babylon version 8.0 and Firefox 3.0.10.

Also I am now getting the following error message (Babylon terminated or not):
class std::out_of_range invalid vector <T> subscript
It repeats itself endlessly and I have to terminate Cintanotes with the task manager.
I think this is about a conflict with Actual Window Manager 5.3. I just purchases that app yesterday. When I close it, Cintanotes works fine. The problem occurs when I want to click on one of the buttons on the title bar of Cintanotes. Of course, this could rather be a bug in Actual Window Manager.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:17 am

Gerard,

thanks for your help. I was able to reproduce the problem with the Actual Window Manager. The problem is indeed with CintaNotes, it was not ready for other programs injecting buttons into it. I'll release the fix for this problem together with the Beta M10 release, which is planned for the end of this month.

As for Babylon, I'll check it shortly.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”