Right to left text alignment issue

alex

Right to left text alignment issue

Postby alex » Mon May 16, 2016 2:32 am

Wanted to report some small issue with right-to-left text alignment.

I wrote notes in Hebrew, i.e. with right-to-left text alignment. Everything works, but exporting text via printing/html, at some point switches back to left-to-right. It seems that numbered items somehow do this to the text. Also punctuation is mishandled (e.g. dot are at the begging of the sentence).

Note: I configured in settings file the RTL defaults for both title and text, so I don't have to switch when adding notes. But also manual switch behaves the same.

I know its not the place, but I'll still ask: I would expect attached jpegs to be printed/exported as well. Is it planned?

PS. You've got some nit-picking noisy user :).
Attachments
exported_html.jpg
exported_html.jpg (257.12 KiB) Viewed 9346 times
exported_printed.jpg
exported_printed.jpg (198.64 KiB) Viewed 9346 times
correct-rtl.jpg
correct-rtl.jpg (229.24 KiB) Viewed 9346 times
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Right to left text alignment issue

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed May 18, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi Alex,

alex wrote:I wrote notes in Hebrew, i.e. with right-to-left text alignment. Everything works, but exporting text via printing/html, at some point switches back to left-to-right. It seems that numbered items somehow do this to the text. Also punctuation is mishandled (e.g. dot are at the begging of the sentence).

Thanks for reporting this. Do I understand correctly: the note editor behaves well, the problem is only with the produced HTML? Would you be so kind to send me an example of note(s) which behave like this when exported? This would ease the debugging.

I know its not the place, but I'll still ask: I would expect attached jpegs to be printed/exported as well. Is it planned?

Yes, we have this task in the plan. Not on the top list though.

PS. You've got some nit-picking noisy user :).

Not at all - it's always a joy to have new active users here :) Sorry for the issues you're having. RTL is tough to get right from the get-go :)
Alex
alex

Postby alex » Fri May 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Yes, actually the editor behaves well, not viewing is almost good, output to print/html gets most corrupted. (So even that display is corrupted I can enter the editor and copy/paste out the text)

Just take the simplest text, it all should be RTL:

Code: Select all

אאאאא

בבבבב
גגגגגגג

דדדדדד

But also make the middle 2 lines numbered. You will immediately see various issues with text rendering/exporting/printing.

Also addint punctuation like this, makes more mess:
[code]
אאאאא.

1. בבבבב.
2. גגגגגגג?

דדדדדד???
ההההה!!!

[code]

See attached screenshot
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (143.13 KiB) Viewed 9314 times
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon May 23, 2016 9:31 am

Alex, thanks a lot for the details!
I can confirm the problem and have added it to our issue tracker, so that it should be fixed in the next version.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”