Sorry it took us so long to prepare Beta 2. The reason for this is that for some of the features a lot of code had to be rewritten. Rules log and undo, improved matching engine, rule application notifications - all that took its toll. Thank you for your patience!
First, a couple of new screenshots:
Jun 20, 2016 - Version 3.2 Beta2
In this version:
- Autotagging Rules (See "Notebook / Rules" menu item)
New since Beta 1:
- Rules Log and Undo
Now the Rules dialog has the "View Log" button, which opens the rules log window. There you can see which rules were applied to which notes, and undo them individually.
- Improved Rule Matching Engine
Unified the rule matching engine with search engine. In Beta 1, for "contains" condition, rules always used "inside words" search, which could lead to unexpected results. Now a proper word-start matching is used.
- New "note is new" condition
Useful if you want the rule to apply to only newly created notes.
- Popup notifications when rules are applied
- Simplification/safety: removed "ELSE" branch in rules
ELSE was problematic since it could apply when you weren't expecting that. E.g. if rule had a section condition, then notes from other sections would get ELSE branch executed!
- Simplification/safety: removed top-level "AND/OR" selector.
Top level OR selector had the same problem: could make the rule apply to notes you weren't expecting. You can create additional rules to emulate top-level OR.
- Rules Log and Undo
- New "Notebook" top level menu Moved there items related to currently active notebook from "File"
- File attachments: add ability to save to disk multiple attachments at once
- Editor: add advanced option to copy text without formats ("editor.copyplaintextonly" in cintanotes.settings)
- PasswordEnterCancelledException after canceling adding note
- Simplenote sync: synchronization no longer resets note selection
- Editor: std::out_of_range raised on save
- Notes list: RTL numbered lists were rendered incorrectly
- Simplenote sync: failure to sync from behind a proxy
- Large DPI sizing problems
- Tag drag and drop highlighting problems
- Tag drag and drop: didn't always correctly process mouse leaving
- Fixed HotKeyEditor Ctrl + Alt bug
- Import from a password-protected older format notebook required entering password twice
- Deleting section didn't also delete autodeletable tags
- Replacing and renaming tags was extremely slow on large number of tags and notes
Rule-related features planned for Beta 3:
- impl condition scrolling in rule editor
- tag renaming and rules
- section renaming and rules
- export to XML
- import from XML
- import from DB
- test and apply in the rules dlg
- show warning when rule will apply to all sections
WARNING: THIS IS A PREVIEW and the main purpose of it is to collect user feedback on the new feature.
It is possibly VERY BUGGY!! Don't use it with your actual notes!