Simple rules question

usbpoweredfridge

Simple rules question

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:57 am

Hi,

I know this probably has a simple answer, but for the life of me, I cannot find it. I was just testing the rules editor, and I added a new note to my test database (which had a few other existing notes, which the rule had already run on). When the new note was created, one of the tags is cut off in the notes listing - it is the only note affected oddly (the notes already existing were not affected when the rule ran on them, also odd is that the rule added the new tag to the end of the list, rather than at the beginning as it did the pre-existing notes). How do I get the full note to display?
http://i.imgur.com/uVG2xTe.png

The tag is 'test4' for info.

Regards,

Chris
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Simple rules question

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:05 am

Hi Chris,

This seems to be simply a bug, not really connected to rules. Thanks for the report
Alex
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:12 am

Ok, cool. Test1, Test2, Test3 were existing notes, and had the same text as their tags (Test1 had the tag test1, Test2 had the tag test2, Test3 had the tag test3). The tag newnote was the one the rule I created added to the notes (that worked fine). Then, after the rule had added the tag to the existing three notes, I created the Test4 note (with tag test4), and then when I clicked Ok on the note editor, CN added the note, added the newnote tag (due to the rule firing, which is fine - it was meant to), and that was when I noticed the tag was cut off slightly.

Chris
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am

This is a rendering problem. If you added the tag manually, the tag would have rendered the same way.
Also it seems that tags starting with capital letter are now rendered before lower-case tags, which should be fixed as well.
Alex
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Interestingly, I was sure I typed that tag in all lowercase. I have just done some testing, to see if I could make a rule change the case of a tag, but have been un-able to get it to do it, so maybe I accidentally put the first character in uppercase. Anyway, glad I could find a couple of bugs I suppose :)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Yep, thanks a lot Chris ;) This will be fixed in 3.2.1.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”