In this version (in green - changes since Beta 1):
- (PRO) Wildcard-based search Added "Use * and ? wildcards" option to the search box menu
- (PRO) Wildcards support in Rules
- Added wildcard support to all Equals, Starts with and Ends with operators
- Auto enable wildcards for attachments, since filenames cannot contain wildcard symbols
- Wildcards support in Find/Replace dialog in editor
- Duplicate title elimination on clipping If the first non-empty line of the note is also present in the title, it is removed.
- Added Options/Window menu entries to control window docking
- Added "app.mainframe.minimizeonctrlenter" cintanotes.settings option to control minimizing after Ctrl+Enter
- Regression: clipping from IE or CHM files inserts raw HTML
- Regression: clipping from recent versions of Firefox could insert raw HTML
- Fixed "Previous application instance failed to terminate" error message appearing when restarting one of simultaneusly running CN instances
- Fixed crash when copying note link directly after registering license key
- Main window no longer activated after closing editor that had been opened from an LNK file
Beta 1 Fixes:
- Highlighting in the main screen does not work when only one character has been typed
- Incremental substrings of an already found wildcard match are hilighted upon "Find next"
- Some wildcard matches weren't found upon "Find next"
- Fixed regression that stripping prgoram name from note title didn't work
WARNING! BETA SOFTWARE! USE AT OWN RISK, AND ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST!
After some fruitful discussion, decided to hold back with migrating to the "Whole words only". However one big question still remains: should * wildcard be allowed to cross word boundary or not? (Now it is limited to one word). There are pros and cons for both options, we need to decide which one is more useful for the real-word tasks. Thanks!