linking files

Bill

linking files

Postby Bill » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Is it possible to insert a link to a file on my hard drive? I have quite a few PDF files on my laptop, and often I want to link to one of them in CintaNotes. I have no interest in absorbing the entire PDF file into CN: I can do something like that in Evernote, and I've noticed that it increases the size of the Evernote file considerably. In MyInfo, on the other hand, I can insert a simple link that just connects with the external file, and because it is a relative link, it also works on my second computer.

Is it possible to do something like this now in CintaNotes, or if not, is it planned for future versions?

I suspect that I could *sort of* get this effect by using Dropbox links, but I would much rather have the links remain local.
Ovg

Re: linking files

Postby Ovg » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 pm

You can insert link into note, link field or remark field:

file://file_name_with_full_path
Spaces should be replaced with %20: My Documents -> My%20Documents, other special symbols: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
CN 3.14β3 LifeTime Pro Licence / Windows 7 SP1 x64
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Bill,

Sure you can do this, simply use the 'Insert link to / File' context menu command (Alt+Shift+F)
Alex
Bill

Postby Bill » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:06 pm

Thanks to both of you. Alex, I used the menu, and it worked very smoothly. I'm embarrassed that I failed to discover the procedure on my own, but from now on I will be madly linking.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:30 pm

No problem, glad that I could help so easily. Probably it's a good thing that we'll be making this function more prominent in the new UI.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”