How not include URLs?

armank

How not include URLs?

Postby armank » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:13 am

Although I searched the forum but did not find an answer to my question. I use CN to gather snippets which I found important from a topic for my personal use to review them later. I do not need the URL pasted each time I copy a text. The end result also looks messy with all those URLs. Is there a way to force CN to not paste the URL in each one of the notes?

Thank you for your time answering this question.
kentluna

Re: How not include URLs?

Postby kentluna » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:53 am

Hey,

Have you got the issue solved? If not, please try to find out the solution here: viewtopic.php?t=1961

If it doesn't help you, then please share here. I occasionally use CintaNotes and let me try to find out the solution for the issue.

Kent
Essays Chief
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:59 am

Hi armank,

If you use the 'paste as plain text' option, that should do the trick (right click > Paste as Plain Text or the keyboard shortcut for the same, Ctrl+Alt+V).

Chris
armank

Postby armank » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:08 pm

Thanks for the replies but I am still not able to paste text without URLs.

With right click I do not see the option of 'paste as plain text' . I am using CN 3.8. Also if I use Ctrl+Alt+V as the hotkey, it shows the clipboard cache and I need to press enter, but the text is not pasted.
gunars

Postby gunars » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:10 am

Hi armank

Where is the URL being pasted, in the body of the note window? I don't think this has anything to do with CN. It sounds like you're using a clipboard manager that is pasting the URL along with the text. When you paste into something else like Word, do you also get the URL pasted? If so, look for settings in your clipboard manager that may let you control this.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello,
if you are talking about the URLs in the Link field, unfortunately they can't be turned off in current version of CN.
However I don't quite get why is this "messy", would you care to elaborate, maybe with a screenshot? Thanks!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”