font for tag names

Bill

font for tag names

Postby Bill » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:21 am

My Surface Pro is connected to a larger monitor, and when I'm using CintaNotes on that screen, I find the list of tags at the bottom of a note slightly difficult to read; but when I'm away from home and am looking at CN on my Surface Pro, I really have to struggle to read the tags in that tiny font.

Alex, I know this problem will probably disappear in the next version, but is there anything you can do for us with imperfect eyesight in the meantime? I wonder if it might be possible to offer an option of a boldface font (same size) in that line of tags. Could you perhaps do that without extensive recoding?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: font for tag names

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon May 06, 2019 9:19 am

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the delay. Actually the font for this line is taken from system settings.
(They were easy to access on XP, but in Windows 10 you'll need external utilities).
Try changing MenuFont using e.g. "System Font Size Changer" by WinTools (https://www.wintools.info/index.php/sys ... ze-changer)
Would it solve the problem?
Alex
Bill

Postby Bill » Mon May 06, 2019 11:28 am

Thanks, Alex. I will try this. But I should add that I am just a slightly nerdy literary scholar: though I like to play around with software, I am completely beyond my depth in any procedure that modifies the operating system. I will probably brood over the "System Font Size Changer" for a day or two and then take the plunge.

I'm also a little unclear about the menu choices in this app. I assume I select "Menu"? I notice, too, that in the image "Bold" is checked. Bold sounds like a good idea for the change I'd like to make in CintaNotes (i.e. the row of tags at the bottom of each note), but does that then automatically change title bar, message box, etc. to bold also? I'd rather just modify the menu font.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue May 07, 2019 1:05 pm

I haven't tried this myself, but I assume that it should change just the menu font (but in all applications)
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”