Two Features in this software that makes me go WOW!

davidtjmarsh

Two Features in this software that makes me go WOW!

Postby davidtjmarsh » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:38 am

There are two features in your software that make me go WOW and they are reasons I really like two other pieces of software that have one each of your two features.

It is also the main reasons I will continue to use your software and promote it to everyone I know.

The first is something that also appears in Microsoft OneNote: Automatic saving of all data when it is entered. This mimics traditional paper and pen concepts. I write something and it is there on the paper. This whole concept of then having to explicitly save files and pick a location etc. It's just not natural nor is it obvious when you have never used a computer. I think this concept needs to disappear in lots of software now that we have the hardware and software to make this seamless and transparent to the user. The less I have to click, read and type in the better.

The second comes from Firefox: Find as you type without having to click or press any shortcut keys. This is incredibly powerful and the instant filtering and highlighting of exactly what I am typing seems magical and really gets people going WOW. No shortcut keys to remember or buttons to click. I am thinking of a word and I just start typing it and it magical starts appearing highlighted on the screen.

These are the two major features in your software that make it very intuitive and easy to use for me.

Thanks. for some great software and I will closely watch how this product is refined and kept focused on its primary goal of taking and storing Notes.

If I think of any other features I will let you know.

I do like the suggestion someone made about making the first line in the body of the Note the heading. Every part of the interface needs to be assessed for NOT what I can add to make it better but what can I remove to make it better. Also having the URL/Link field separate seems overkill. Just put it in the body of the Note as well. If you implement clickable links then you can always do searching on URL's without having to store it in a separate field.

Thanks.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Two Features in this software that makes me go WOW!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:10 pm

Hello,
thanks a lot for your input! I appreciate it a lot.

davidtjmarsh wrote:These are the two major features in your software that make it very intuitive and easy to use for me.

I'm happy to hear that ;) For me these two were also not a question.
davidtjmarsh wrote:If I think of any other features I will let you know.
That would be great!
davidtjmarsh wrote:I do like the suggestion someone made about making the first line in the body of the Note the heading. Every part of the interface needs to be assessed for NOT what I can add to make it better but what can I remove to make it better. Also having the URL/Link field separate seems overkill. Just put it in the body of the Note as well. If you implement clickable links then you can always do searching on URL's without having to store it in a separate field.

Well, I'm not ready to go that far as yet. Having the URL in a separate field does have advantages: e.g. in the next version BetaM6 you'll be able to just Alt-Click (or press F3) on a note to open the source URL.

But don't get me wrong, I don't disregard this idea: I'm making certain steps in this direction.
For example, in the next version you'll be able to navigate through title/text/tags/link fields using arrow keys, so they will *feel* like kinda single piece of text. Hope people will like it.

There are many times when simplicity on the surface is enabled due to complexity underneath. I think this is the case.
Alex
Midas

Re: Two Features in this software that makes me go WOW!

Postby Midas » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:21 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:There are many times when simplicity on the surface is enabled due to complexity underneath. I think this is the case.

Totally agree -- like someone said: "It's really complicated to make stuff simple"... ;)

(The vice-versa is also true -- it's really simple to make stuff complicated, usally you only need to iterate a very simple rule to create great complexity, cf. chaos & systems theory).

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”