pressing Ctrl+Space will open or close input method tools bar

sticking liu

pressing Ctrl+Space will open or close input method tools bar

Postby sticking liu » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:49 am

Pressing Ctrl+Space will open or close input method tools bar.
kranor

Re: pressing Ctrl+Space will open or close input method tools bar

Postby kranor » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Could you give us a Little more information. At the moment I am unable to replicate this behaviour.
If you could answer the following it would really help:-

What OS?

What version of CintaNotes?

What window do you have in focus when you try this keyboard combination?

Do you have any other software using the same Key Combination?
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:14 am

Thank u for ur reply!

In some country those mother language is not english Ctrl+Space key is using for switching input method tools bar. At least in common usage Windows XP system Ctrl+Space is using for this. So "Tag autocompletion: ……You can also force autocomplete display via pressing Ctrl+Space." will not work.

Perhaps another keyboard combination is ok! Or provide a reverse triangle in the right of the tag input area, so users can open the existing tags list by clicking the triangle.
kranor

Postby kranor » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:52 am

I am still unable to replicate this (I use English and Czech input methods as part of my usual setup) However after doing a bit of research I have found the following windows shortcut refering to dialog box control.

Enable extended mode – SHIFT+F8 in extended selection list boxes. Use arrow keys to move the cursor without changing the selection. Adjust the selection by pressing CTRL+SPACEBAR or SHIFT+SPACEBAR. Press SHIFT+F8 to cancel extended selection mode.

Hopefully the Dev can understand this and check this bug.
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:46 am

Ok as I see the problem is that on some systems Ctrl+Space is reserved for language toolbar on the system level, which has higher priority as the application level.

Would adding Ctrl+Down as an alternative to Ctrl+Space resolve your problem?
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”