Program maybe crash

goodappli

Program maybe crash

Postby goodappli » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 am

Windows xp sp3
CintaNotes Beta M10.5
When I use hot key (Ctrl+F12) to clip text from firefox (3.5.3) web,the CintaNotes crash,but it's incidental .

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.0.3;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0
ale

Re: Program maybe crash

Postby ale » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:45 am

Hello goodappli, a few intermittent crashes have been reported but without a way to reproduce them I think it's not easy for the developer to fix them. So if you find a specific set of actions that trigger the crash it would be helpful. I see a common scenario is that all crashes happen to a chinese Windows version so it may be something specific to this localized Windows version (maybe about text input methods? maybe something else? I really don't know).
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Program maybe crash

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:24 am

Hi,

thanks for the report, and ale, thanks for stepping in! I can only repeat what you are saying: without a way to reproduce the crash it is not possible to fix the error that has caused it. Please try to remember what exactly you were doing before the crash.

Also some questions:
1) Have you tried changing the clipping hot key? Does the crash persist?
2) Maybe you have some software installed that reacts to Ctrl+F12?
3) Have you experienced the problem on another PC?
4) Do you run CN from an usb stick?
5) Are you an administrator on the PC?
6) Is silent clipping active?
7) How often have you experienced the crash? Is there any correlation with the contents of the page (national characters etc)?

Thanks!
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”