what's the limits of node size?

what's the limits of node size?

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi, I just start using CintaNotes two days before. It's very cool!
Does anyone test the limits of node size? I have tried to paste a HUGE txt (>300KB) into a node, then the CintaNotes stuck and run very very slow. I know 300KB sounds unreasonable, but I want no the limit.

And is there any size limit for the note file?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: what's the limits of node size?

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi,
thanks for trying out the program!

Guest wrote:Does anyone test the limits of node size? I have tried to paste a HUGE txt (>300KB) into a node, then the CintaNotes stuck and run very very slow. I know 300KB sounds unreasonable, but I want no the limit.
And is there any size limit for the note file?

Maximum note size is quite large (I don't know the exact figure), but still putting in more than 100 Kb of text is impractical because CN is not optimized for this and will slow down.

As for the maximum number of notes, I've already answered this question in this topic:

CintaNotes Developer wrote:The theoretical limit lies at 4 billion notes. But of course that's theory) I've tested CintaNotes to run on a base with 10000 notes, and it runs fine. But for the current version I don't recommend running CintaNotes directly from the flash drive in this case - it will be slow. Right now CintaNotes keeps the whole notebook in memory and saves it to the disk each time something changes.
This is of course quite inefficient, and I'll change this in one of the next versions, where I plan to migrate to an SQLite database.

Hope this helps.
Alex
spark211

Postby spark211 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 am

thanks for your reply, very helpful.

but without easy backup/export/import functions, I will hesitate to move my important data into Cintanotes. you will including these in your next version as well, yes?
Midas

Postby Midas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:03 pm

@Guest
Developer comented some of your same issues here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78&start=1
:D Midas, your friendly nugget gobbler, with a message from our sponsors:

Ask questions the smart way -- see www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:02 am

spark211 wrote:you will including these in your next version as well, yes?

Yes, Beta M7 version, which will come out on March 1, will feature automatic backups, and the import feature is already available in the Pre Beta M7 version here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:02 am.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”