Commercial Version?

buladaddy

Commercial Version?

Postby buladaddy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Hello.

I heard that CN commertial Version will be released. won't it?
If so, how about free version(now, 1.4 latest)?
Will it be stopped?

B.E
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Commertial Version?

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:23 pm

The plan is to keep both free and paid versions of CN in parallel.
The paid version will receive the features marked as "commercial" on roadmap, but the free version will continue to be developed. The free version will always be a subset of the paid version. Most probably the releases will be simultaneous as well.

It is also possible that some features of the commercial version will later become available in the free version. But some premium features will be strictly commercial (since I'll be selling the difference between the versions).

Unfortunately the dates of commercial version release keep slipping. It was originally planned for Feb'10, but it is already Jan'11 and it is still not there. At the moment the aim is on Mar'11. Hopefully the success of the commercial version will at last give me the opportunity to work on CN full-time, and not just during my free time.

Thanks for staying with us ;)
Alex
ruudboek

Re: Commercial Version?

Postby ruudboek » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 am

Willl the freeware version remain free for commercial use (use in the office)?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:33 am

ruudboek wrote:Willl the freeware version remain free for commercial use (use in the office)?

Unfortunately no.
Basic edition of CintaNotes will be free for home use. Companies will have to purchase the commercial license (which will cost no more than $25).
Alex
gupta

Postby gupta » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Are there any other updates on when the commercial version will be out ?
I can't wait for some features like rich text, note linking and hierarchical tags. Are any of these features planned in the first commercial release ?

thanks!
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:39 am

Hi! Current plan is to release it in the end of April, and at first it will include only text formatting. Later releases will add other features from the feature-voting top list.
Alex

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks. I really hope this gets released as a portable version as I use it on a USB stick and move around...o/w it get's rendered useless for me.

Looking forward to the commercial version and will gladly pay !
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Commercial version will also be available in installable and portable flavors :)
Alex
Notts

Postby Notts » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:25 am

Alex please consider lifetime membership as well
a number of software providers do this succesfully
http://www.xyplorer.com/
http://www.faststone.org/
http://ghisler.com/
_tom_

Postby _tom_ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 pm

A couple of queries:

1) Where does the home office fit in here with regard to licensing?

2) is there a difference between personal and commercial licensing e.g. often commercial is for one machine only with any number of users; personal is for one user on two or more machines.

3) e.g. I have a desktop and a laptop - both are used for work and privately. What would I need to get to install CintaNotes on both?

thanks, Tom
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi Tom,
thanks for your questions!

_tom_ wrote:1) Where does the home office fit in here with regard to licensing?

Acquiring Personal License would be enough in this case.

_tom_ wrote:2) is there a difference between personal and commercial licensing e.g. often commercial is for one machine only with any number of users; personal is for one user on two or more machines.

No, both licenses are per-user only: 1 user on any number of PCs. For additional users, additional licenses are required.
Also Company licenses have volume discounts.

_tom_ wrote:3) e.g. I have a desktop and a laptop - both are used for work and privately. What would I need to get to install CintaNotes on both?

I assume you're asking about how to get the licensed version of CintaNotes on both PCs.
You just need to buy one Personal License, and you can use it on each PC for registering the copy of CN.
Please note that CintaNotes doesn't have a separate distributive for commercial version - one package that you download from cintanotes.com contains both free and commercial version - commercial features become unlocked when you register the license key.

Hope this helps!
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi Tom,

_tom_ wrote:1) Where does the home office fit in here with regard to licensing?
At the moment there is a personal (private) license and a business license available.

_tom_ wrote:2) is there a difference between personal and commercial licensing e.g. often commercial is for one machine only with any number of users; personal is for one user on two or more machines.

My understanding is that both license-models are for one user only.

_tom_ wrote:3) e.g. I have a desktop and a laptop - both are used for work and privately. What would I need to get to install CintaNotes on both?

I can not answer this, but it might be best to buy one business license and use CN's portable version. That would allow to easily share your data between both PC's.

Thomas
_tom_

Postby _tom_ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 pm

thanks to you both
and that is very fair pricing Alex ;)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 am

Tom, you're welcome!
Please write if there's anything else I can help you with.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”