[Viewing] Font size - Ability to increase or decrease button

Forum rules
1. Please keep it one request/suggestion per topic.
2. Please mark the requests with the following tags:
[Startup] - issue related to the program's startup or shutdown process;
[Taking] and [Clipping] - related to acquiring/creating notes (excl. editing);
[Viewing] - related to notes list browsing and reading;
[Editing] - related to the process of editing new and existing notes;
[Search] - related to note searching and finding;
[Managing] - related to note organization and management;
[Reordering/Sorting] - related to sorting or reordering the notes list;
[Clipboard] - clipboard operations;
[Import] and [Export] - issue related to bulk notes import/export;
[Globalization] - issues related to multiple languages/cultures support;
[Files] and [Backup] - file operations,notes back-end and backup;
[UI] - UI issues which don't fall into any of the above categories;
[Other] - other issues which don't fall into any of the above categories.

Thank you!
JERH

[Viewing] Font size - Ability to increase or decrease button

Postby JERH » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 pm

I am getting on in years and use your program as best for organization to make my life simpler. The font size on my PC is set the best for 99 percent of my apps and viewing desktop. However not good for Cintanotes. I have to strain to see what I am typing in a new note. Can you consider a button on menu upper right (wherever) that permits me to raise the font size while reading or at least in an open note that I am creating. Thank you for your consideration.
ale

Re: Font size - Ability to increase or decrease button

Postby ale » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Hello JERH, welcome to the forum. You can already adjust the text font and size, you can find the settings in menu View > Note Appearance...
Will this suffice your needs?
JERH

Postby JERH » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Yup - when in doubt look in the menu bar. Thank you! Great program btw. One other question (sorry to bother you). How do I find out where my database is stored. I installed an update and it loaded a new cintanotes and did not find my database?
ale

Postby ale » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:57 pm

You can find the database currently in use by Cintanotes looking into menu File > Notebook... and then look for Notebook File: there you can read the full path to the notebook file. The notebook file is named cintanotes.db and it is the file which holds all your notes.

Now, if you can't see your notes and only have an empty list, maybe, while updating, CintaNotes failed to locate your old database. If this is what happened, you have to manually point CintaNotes to the old database, thus you would click the ellipsis button "..." and browse to the old file using the "Browse for CintaNotes Notebook File" dialog box.

But if you don't know or don't remember where the old database is, and so you don't know what to pick in this browse dialog box, I would suggest the use of a third party tool like Everything which is easy to use and available in a portable version. If we search for cintanotes.db in Everything it would help to identify and show the path (we can read it in the search results) to use in the dialog box I said in the previous paragraph.

Finally, it's rare, but if you upgraded from a very very old CintaNotes beta release, we talked about the problem in this topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1036. But feel free to ask if you need further assistance.

Return to “Feature Requests”