I'm no expert programmer, but I made this little program (requires macros + Excel or another spreadsheet program) to format my CintaNotes XML file. It's been very helpful, so I thought I'd share it with others. =)
Please note that this program will be updated occasionally, and I will notify you below.
Basically, it does the following:
(Latest Update: November 15, 2011)
- Splits tags into separate columns/tags (ie: "tag1 tag2" is now written as "tag1 | tag2")
- Can sort tags via a dropbox
- URLs are shortened (ie: http://www.google.com is now written as Link)
- Unnecessary columns are hidden (ex: "Time/Date"); the other columns are auto-adjusted
- Advanced text formatting (ie: you can use multiple colors and font styles at one time)
- Can cross-out (and sort) old/"used" notes (if you still want to keep them in your database)
- Supports up to 500 notes (for more notes, just create a new file/database)
- [NEW!] ComboBox now automatically updates; you don't have to manually do this anymore.
- [NEW!] Added a "Special Thanks" section; see "Instructions".
- [NEW!] Now formats the HTML tags from CintaNotes Version 1.5.1. (ie: Changes <u>This</u> to This, etc)
You can learn more by reading the "Instructions" worksheet included in the file. (FYI: DON'T delete the "Instructions" worksheet; the Format XML button is on here and you need it to run the program.)
|CintaNotes XML Formatter|
Author: just_bri (visit my website)
Created: November 2011
Download Version 1.5.1 (works with CintaNotes version 1.5.1; updated)
Download Version 1.4.3 (works with CintaNotes version 1.4.3; should also work for older versions, too; updated)