[FREE PROGRAM] CintaNotes XML Formatter (by me!) [UPDATED]

just_bri

[FREE PROGRAM] CintaNotes XML Formatter (by me!) [UPDATED]

Postby just_bri » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:11 am

Hi everyone!

I'm no expert programmer, but I made this little program (requires macros + Excel or another spreadsheet program) to format my CintaNotes XML file. It's been very helpful, so I thought I'd share it with others. =)

Please note that this program will be updated occasionally, and I will notify you below.

Basically, it does the following:
(Latest Update: November 15, 2011)

• Splits tags into separate columns/tags (ie: "tag1 tag2" is now written as "tag1 | tag2")
  • Can sort tags via a dropbox
  • URLs are shortened (ie: http://www.google.com is now written as Link)
  • Unnecessary columns are hidden (ex: "Time/Date"); the other columns are auto-adjusted
  • Advanced text formatting (ie: you can use multiple colors and font styles at one time)
  • Can cross-out (and sort) old/"used" notes (if you still want to keep them in your database)
  • Supports up to 500 notes (for more notes, just create a new file/database)
  • [NEW!] ComboBox now automatically updates; you don't have to manually do this anymore.
  • [NEW!] Added a "Special Thanks" section; see "Instructions".
  • [NEW!] Now formats the HTML tags from CintaNotes Version 1.5.1. (ie: Changes <u>This</u> to This, etc)

You can learn more by reading the "Instructions" worksheet included in the file. (FYI: DON'T delete the "Instructions" worksheet; the Format XML button is on here and you need it to run the program.)

Enjoy!!

CintaNotes XML Formatter
Author: just_bri (visit my website)
Created: November 2011

Download Version 1.5.1 (works with CintaNotes version 1.5.1; updated)
Download Version 1.4.3 (works with CintaNotes version 1.4.3; should also work for older versions, too; updated)
Last edited by just_bri on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [FREE PROGRAM] CintaNotes XML Formatter (made by me!)

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Bri, thanks a lot for the contribution! Since I don't do fancy text formatting, I probably won't need this Excel program, but I'm sure there are many CN users who will find it useful. Very nice!
Alex
just_bri

Re: [FREE PROGRAM] CintaNotes XML Formatter (by me!) [UPDATE

Postby just_bri » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:33 am

Aww, thank you for the kind words. =)

This document will remain a "work-in-progress" as you update CintaNotes and I update my own code. In fact, there were some major issues with both Excel files, but now everything has been fixed. See the original/first post to learn more.

I apologize to anyone who had problems with the previous Excel files!!!

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”