[Ann] CintaNotes 1.6.2 Beta

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

[Ann] CintaNotes 1.6.2 Beta

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu May 10, 2012 10:52 am

Hi guys,

please check out the new beta!
We plan to release this version on Monday if everything is ok :)

Enhancements:
  • Ability to tag imported notes: "Add tags" field in the import dialog.
  • Licensed version is now fully portable. License key file is written into the CintaNotes folder. Only if the write into this folder fails (when e.g. the folder is inside of Program Files), the Application Data folder is used.
Fixes:
  • Editor window could open on wrong monitor in a multi-monitor system.
  • Editor: Pasting from MS OneNote was not working.
  • Search for "-word" with "Search inside words" ON produced wrong results.
  • Fixed lost portability because of storing absolute paths to .db files: now relative paths are used for .db files located in the application folder and below.
  • Fixed SQLite syntax error on searching for "|".
  • Fixed possible "Internal protection error" problem.
  • Automatic notebook reloading was not properly working, which could hinder DropBox sync.
  • Fixed wrong editor window positioning when closed while partly off-screen.
  • Tag highlight highlighted "|" even when it meant OR.
  • Fixed huge search performance drop when using the OR operator ("|").
  • Fixed CN crash at startup if notebook drive was inaccessible.
  • Fixed exception on closing notebook if the next file in MRU list had been deleted.
Attachments
CintaNotes_1_6_2_Beta1.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 2137 times
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 1.6.2 Beta

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu May 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Installed 1.6.2. Beta 1. The Info-dialog confirms this. Did a simple export and (re-)import assigning a new TAG. Worked fine.
ChrisCN

Postby ChrisCN » Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote: [*]Editor: Pasting from MS OneNote was not working.
I can confirm that it is working now - THANKS - only, want to note that the formatting is lost (not a big deal for me) - but I don't know if this is intended

CintaNotes Developer wrote: [*]Fixed lost portability because of storing absolute paths to .db files: now relative paths are used for .db files located in the application folder and below.
I will test this in the evening.

CintaNotes Developer wrote: [*]Licensed version is now fully portable. License key file is written into the CintaNotes folder. Only if the write into this folder fails (when e.g. the folder is inside of Program Files), the Application Data folder is used.
QUESTION: will the new version automatically transfer the file to the new location or must this be done manually (and if yes - what would I have to copy where?).
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri May 11, 2012 10:33 am

Thomas, Chris, thanks for testing!

ChrisCN wrote:want to note that the formatting is lost (not a big deal for me) - but I don't know if this is intended

At the moment the formatting cannot be captured because OneNote doesn't put RTF format into the clipboard. CN can't parse HTML yet.

ChrisCN wrote:QUESTION: will the new version automatically transfer the file to the new location or must this be done manually (and if yes - what would I have to copy where?).

No, no automatic transfer will occur. But CN will detect your existing license key file if it is in the Application Data. If you don't need portability you don't need to do anything.
To make your CN fully portable just move the license.key file from %APPDATA%/CintaNotes to the CintaNotes folder.
Alternatively, just re-register via clipping the purchase confirmation email.
Alex
ChrisCN

Postby ChrisCN » Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote: [*]Fixed lost portability because of storing absolute paths to .db files: now relative paths are used for .db files located in the application folder and below.
Successfully tested -> after sync to other PC CintaNotes was able to open the last database file.

CintaNotes Developer wrote: [*]Licensed version is now fully portable. License key file is written into the CintaNotes folder. Only if the write into this folder fails (when e.g. the folder is inside of Program Files), the Application Data folder is used.
I moved the license key file to the CN directory and CN still shows the correct license information - so it seems to work here.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri May 25, 2012 11:06 am

ChrisCN wrote:Successfully tested -> after sync to other PC CintaNotes was able to open the last database file.
I moved the license key file to the CN directory and CN still shows the correct license information - so it seems to work here.

Huge thanks for testing, Chris! (and sorry for late reply ;) )
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”