[Ann] CintaNotes 2.0 early preview - Tabs & Links to notes

CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.0 early preview - Tabs & Links to not

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Yes, i noticed. Actually the design is not continous, because the notes text context menu does not offer Unicode support. If you're really into Unicode support, shouldn't both menus offer such support? Anyway, i'd like to see continous menus for Cintanotes' GUI, that is both title and text should contain "insert date and time F5" and "Copy Note Link Ctrl+Alt+C". Remember, one user actually asked whether F5 is supported inside the title or not, just because he didn't try and could not find the context menu either.

Probably you are right. I've added this to the tracker - although with low priority.
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Ok, ok. You won! :) :) Finally i realize you use your brain too ;)

Sometimes I do.. not as often as I should though :lol:
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:228 users voting for the feature can't be wrong, right? ;) It is just my personal usage. Actually i expect that the feature might attract new users to CN and that is a good thing for sure. :)

BTW we now have to decide if it would be better to make synchronization notebook-related or section-related. I'm inclining to notebook-related, since sticking sync configuration into section properties seems kind of undiscoverable. OTOH, section-related is much more powerful (you can sync single notebook with several SimpleNote accounts), and also in the notebook-related case we'll have to map sections to tags and back (since SimpleNote only has tags and not sections), which is a pain..
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Alex,

there was quite some discussion on the first 2.0 beta. May i suggest to provide an updated beta, which will reflect the discussed issues? This would allow a retest, before you will make us even happier, with betas including even more features. ;) We could focus on the already included features before testing new functionality. I would also like to have a beta, whose database schema will stay consistent. In such a case we could start using the beta in production.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:35 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:there was quite some discussion on the first 2.0 beta. May i suggest to provide an updated beta, which will reflect the discussed issues? This would allow a retest, before you will make us even happier, with betas including even more features. ;) We could focus on the already included features before testing new functionality. I would also like to have a beta, whose database schema will stay consistent. In such a case we could start using the beta in production.

Thomas, thanks a lot for the suggestion! To minimize the turmoil with DB formats, and to focus more beta-testing energy :), I want for the next beta to already include SimpleNote sync feature. This is why I plan to release the next beta this Thursday or Friday (the final 2.0 release is tied to BitsDuJour promotion and is set for Dec 19th).
Also this is why many of the things that we discussed (improvements of note links), but which are not critical, will be implemented only after the 2.0 release. However, some of the stuff is already done.

So please stay put )
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Thomas, thanks a lot for the suggestion! To minimize the turmoil with DB formats, and to focus more beta-testing energy :), I want for the next beta to already include SimpleNote sync feature. This is why I plan to release the next beta this Thursday or Friday (the final 2.0 release is tied to BitsDuJour promotion and is set for Dec 19th). Also this is why many of the things that we discussed (improvements of note links), but which are not critical, will be implemented only after the 2.0 release. However, some of the stuff is already done. So please stay put )

Understood. I had hoped there would be more time for testing and let settle things down, before going public. As for the next beta date, personally i won't be able to do a lot of testing because of time reasons. I wish you good luck - and no bugs - with the new release :)

Thomas
wukaem

Postby wukaem » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:24 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:And BTW, since you've been active with Polish translations, I'd be happy to give you a full Personal License - please just drop me a line to support@cintanotes.com.

Thanks. I like your program, but I don't use its commercial features. ;) You don't owe me anything.
Sometimes I need to look at full version to understand some issues and to translate it right. ;) Beta tester license is enough for me.
Wiktor

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”