[Resolved] F5 doesn't work (8.1 Portable)

kranor

[Resolved] F5 doesn't work (8.1 Portable)

Postby kranor » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 am

Hi Alex
On 8.1 Portable the F5 Tag Toggle doesn't seem to work.
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: 8.1 Portable Bug

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:34 am

Hi Kranor,
kranor wrote:Hi Alex

Re-downloaded and checked, it toggles the sidebar for me.. are you sure you unloaded CN before upgrading? Does the About dialog say "Beta M8.1"?
Alex
Noddy330

Re: [bug] F5 doesn't work (8.1 Portable)

Postby Noddy330 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:00 pm

F5 works OK for me in portable version.
Nod
toddclausen

Postby toddclausen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Works for me also...could you tell us a little more about your configuration?
-Todd
kranor

Postby kranor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:07 am

Right here goes the download link for the portable version on the homepage of the website always downloads (at least for me) M8. I have now tried with 2 different browsers on 3 different machines. (2 at work, 1 at home) So it looks like the download link on the website may be playing up.
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:36 am

kranor wrote:Right here goes the download link for the portable version on the homepage of the website always downloads (at least for me) M8. I have now tried with 2 different browsers on 3 different machines. (2 at work, 1 at home) So it looks like the download link on the website may be playing up.

I guess it's because the file name is the same, your browser doesn't bother re-downloading it.. Can this be the case?
Alex
kranor

Postby kranor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:41 am

As I said I have used 2 different browsers on 3 different machines including a machine that I have never been on before. Something isn't right. Sorry Alex
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:11 am

kranor wrote:Right here goes the download link for the portable version on the homepage of the website always downloads (at least for me) M8. I have now tried with 2 different browsers on 3 different machines. (2 at work, 1 at home) So it looks like the download link on the website may be playing up.

It worked Ok for me
Nod
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:13 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:

I guess it's because the file name is the same, your browser doesn't bother re-downloading it.. Can this be the case?

Would it aid resolution to change the filename of 8.1 to 8.1?
Nod
kranor

Postby kranor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 am

OK This is now getting silly...... I thought i would download the installer version and run it through universal extractor.... And what do i get on the about page? version M8 not M8.1.......Something really odd is happening
kranor

Postby kranor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:40 am

Right could someone try to download a fresh copy of either version and install it and tell me what version they are getting, Because I have just tried another 2 computers with the same result!

Any chance someone could also e-mail the portable 8.1 version? PM me and I will PM my E-mail addy.
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:03 am

kranor wrote:Right could someone try to download a fresh copy of either version and install it and tell me what version they are getting, Because I have just tried another 2 computers with the same result!

Any chance someone could also e-mail the portable 8.1 version? PM me and I will PM my E-mail addy.

Just (in last minute) downloaded and used Portable 8.1 OK.
Sorry, I'm not in a position to email.
Nod
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:03 am

kranor wrote:Right could someone try to download a fresh copy of either version and install it and tell me what version they are getting, Because I have just tried another 2 computers with the same result!

I renamed the files, please try now.
Alex
Noddy330

Postby Noddy330 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:11 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:

I renamed the files, please try now.

I'm not going to download, but I can see the new names (after refeshing)
Nod
kranor

Postby kranor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:47 am

YAY!!!!! IT WORKED!!!! For future reference I think you should label all versions with their sub version numbers. I had a chat with one of our network chaps and due to the way our servers work any request passing through the server looks first in cached files and will return the cached file based on file name and file size (if it is within 2 kb it will send the same file) A lot of companies have gone the same way as part of a cost cutting method to increase available bandwidth. There is no fix at the client end so the file has to have a different name as a minimum. Just so you know this is not just the little companies doing this. The company i work for has 50,000 employees and around 24,000 computer terminals. :D :D
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:02 pm

kranor wrote:YAY!!!!! IT WORKED!!!! For future reference I think you should label all versions with their sub version numbers. I had a chat with one of our network chaps and due to the way our servers work any request passing through the server looks first in cached files and will return the cached file based on file name and file size (if it is within 2 kb it will send the same file) A lot of companies have gone the same way as part of a cost cutting method to increase available bandwidth. There is no fix at the client end so the file has to have a different name as a minimum. Just so you know this is not just the little companies doing this. The company i work for has 50,000 employees and around 24,000 computer terminals. :D :D

Guess the mystery's solved. Every day learning something new ;) Thank you, Kranor, for patience and for sticking with the app. I guess from this moment on, I'm going to change the file names for minor updates too. Calculating statistics will get harder, but I'll handle that.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”