xml exports issue

oblivion

xml exports issue

Postby oblivion » Fri May 24, 2013 7:04 am

I have three Cintanotes setups -- one installed on a desktop PC, one on a netbook, and one a portable instance on a removable hard drive. I keep the data synched between them by using the export all to xml functionality, every so often... All are v2.2.

Yesterday, I added a note (captured from Firefox, running under XP) to my portable version (the portableapps version but with my license info added) and, because I wanted the data on my netbook, which wasn't connected to the network) I exported all to an xml file on a flashdrive. Cintanotes crashed.

The xml had been created, however, so I imported it to the netbook instance, discovered a lot of unsynched notes so re-exported (all, xml) from the netbook (Win7, 32-bit) back to the flashdrive.

Cintanotes crashed.

I seem to be seeing a pattern here. :)

The imports and exports appear to work as expected, in terms of all the data being there and looking okay -- although manually checking the integrity of nearly 200 notes isn't completely trivial, and I haven't completed that check yet. So I'm not going to say there IS a problem -- just that there might be. :)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: xml exports issue

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon May 27, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi oblivion,

thanks a lot for reporting the problem.
A crash is something that we're taking very seriously.
Unfortunately there's not enough information to repeat the problem on our side.

Would it be possible for you to send to us the faulty XML file?
If it contains sensitive data, then please turn on the debug logging in the Help/Debug menu
and try to import the file again to get the crash recorded in the generated log.1.txt file.

Huge thanks in advance!
Alex
oblivion

Postby oblivion » Wed May 29, 2013 10:32 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Hi oblivion,
Would it be possible for you to send to us the faulty XML file?
If it contains sensitive data, then please turn on the debug logging in the Help/Debug menu
and try to import the file again to get the crash recorded in the generated log.1.txt file.

Attached, zipped. Sorry, I switched on debug logging then got sidetracked for a while, which might account for the size of the logfile...

Please note: the crash is at export, not at import. It's not straight away, either -- happens a few seconds later, after the file's been created, and it may also be relevant that the export is direct to a flashdrive.
Attachments
log.1.zip
(51.5 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed May 29, 2013 10:54 am

oblivion, thanks a lot for the log!

I'll let you know when we get to the root of this.
It would also help greatly if you could share the .db file itself, but of course only if it doesn't contain any sensitive data.
Can you reproduce the crash with a new db?
Thanks again.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”