Links - one more time - broken

Thomas Lohrum

Links - one more time - broken

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Alex, i can not reproduce yet, but links get broken again. I use 2.1 final. There was a fix in 2.0.4 for links getting corrupted by line trimming. Maybe this is something new, but as usual the caption is recognized by some offset, e.g. "This is my link" turns into "This is my link".

Thomas

EDIT: Can german Umlauts be the cause for this?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Links - one more time - broken

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:07 am

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the report!
Are you sure that this is a new case, and not an old note with corrupted link positions?

And ansering your question, I seriously doubt that umlauts have anything to do with this.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Are you sure that this is a new case, and not an old note with corrupted link positions?

It is an old note. It did contain text, which matched a link caption, but no link was shown (no blue underline). I selected the caption and pressed Ctrl+Alt+L to create a link. I edited and saved the note. When i came back later and opened the note again, i saw the miss alignment.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:49 am

We've found that this bug can happen if you use the Ctrl+Shift+: shortcut (in ENGLISH keyboard layout!) for inserting umlauts and then insert some letter other than a, o, e, i, u, y.
May this have been the case with your note?
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:12 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:We've found that this bug can happen if you use the Ctrl+Shift+: shortcut (in ENGLISH keyboard layout!) for inserting umlauts and then insert some letter other than a, o, e, i, u, y. May this have been the case with your note?

That is hard to tell. The colon is umlaut "ö" in german keyboard layout. But i don't use this as a shortcut together with Ctrl+Shift.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am

Today or tomorrow we'll release 2.1.1 which should help with this issue.
However we never could reproduce the issue exactly, this is why we can't be 100% sure that it's fixed - probably only time will tell.
Alex
Mark S.

Postby Mark S. » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Today or tomorrow we'll release 2.1.1 which should help with this issue.
However we never could reproduce the issue exactly, this is why we can't be 100% sure that it's fixed - probably only time will tell.

It seems to happen reliably when you format links.

Mark
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 am

Hi Mark,

if you could come up with a 100%-sure recipe for reproducing the problem, it would be
simply awesome. Then we'd be able to fix it in no time!
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”