Captured note with numbered list not displayed correctly

gunars

Captured note with numbered list not displayed correctly

Postby gunars » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:39 am

The following is with the basic version of CN 2.4.

I did a screen capture via hotkey from https://support.google.com/nikcollectio ... ic=3000839 of the numbered list that appears there:

1. If desired, apply Raw Presharpener using Sharpener Pro 3.0.
2. Apply noise reduction using Dfine 2.0.
3. Control color and light using Viveza 2.
4. Apply filter enhancements using Color Efex Pro 4.
5. Convert to black and white using Silver Efex Pro 2.
6. Apply output sharpening using Sharpener Pro 3.0.

While the captured text looks ok in the Edit window, in the regular notes window, the left side of the item is significantly clipped (about 8 characters worth). In the Edit window, the captured text already has the item numbering and the context menu for NUmbered lists is highlighted. If I delete the numbering from the capture and apply Format -> Numbered List, then it displays ok.

If, instead of the hotkey, I go through the clipboard (ctl-c, ctl-v) into a new note, the text is pasted without the original numbering. It displays ok, without numbering in the Notes window, although the left margin is a bit tight. If I then open it in Edit again, the numbers are displayed, but are again missing when I go back to the Notes window.

No need to go to the web page, I can reproduce the same problem using the blue numbered list above.

So, it looks like whatever was captured makes CN think it has a numbered list, but something in the info is not quite correct, causing CN to display incorrectly. The workaround is to select the list in the Edit window, turn off Numbered list and then turn it back on.

If you have problems reproducing this, please let me know and I'll mail you screen captures that may help. Also let me know if the debug log or exporting the item would be useful.

Gunars Lucans
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Captured note with numbered list not displayed correctly

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 am

Hi gunars,
yes I can reproduce the issue, thanks for the report!
It seems that that number + period in the end of each item cause the numbered list to be rendered incorrectly, but only
before you open and edit the text of the note.
Will be fixed in CN 2.5 or probably in CN 2.6.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”