Spell Check

Colin_S

Spell Check

Postby Colin_S » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:22 am

Surely spell check is a minimum for a notes app. Who all agrees?
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Spell Check

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:26 am

The votes on the roadmap disagree, I'm afraid.
Alex
Colin_S

Postby Colin_S » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:54 am

Thanks Alex. I see that. I am just in disbelief lol Will see if anyone posts here.

Anyone who wants spell check, please vote for it here:

http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/336 ... te-editor/
Colin_S

Postby Colin_S » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Bo Grimes - I hope you don't mind me quoting your post from the road map page.

Bo Grimes
posted 1 hour ago

I am not sure 'votes' is a good way to determine a feature. If people download and try it and discover it is lacking a feature that is a must for them they won't use it. If they know it lacks a feature in advance they won't try it. Votes are cast only by those who use it, visit the forums, know there is voting, and decide something is important enough to request it or vote it up.

I purchased Cinta a long time ago. I assumed any modern software that deals with text has spell checking, at least as a plugin, like Notepad++. I like it and keep wanting to use it as a primary "anything bucket." For quick notes spell check doesn't really matter, but for stuff I want to develop later it does.

One feature I love about Cinta, that many other "buckets" don't do is the ability to work on a note in its own screen. This indicates to me that it is designed for long text, at least as a possibility. So, then when I copy and paste the note into something designed for more complex documents, like Scrivner, LibreOffice, or ConnectedText, I have to correct all the spelling errors.

I have both Aspell and Hunspell installed, but I don't know how to configure it to real time check spelling in Cinta, or even check it on demand. If I were going to do that I could just as easily copy the note into Jarte (my primary RTF application) correct it and then paste it back in.

In which case I might as well just take notes in Jarte and then paste them into Cinta for tagging and organizing, but that's not what I want Cinta for because then Cinta would be a middle man in my personal workflow.

I just would like to say that I whole heartily agree with your point. I believe that people do not use CintaNotes due to the lack of spell check. These people generally do not go into the road map and vote. I have today just switched to EverNotes purely due to lack of spell check, and a bet a whole load of people not as vocal as me have done something similar.
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:58 am

For anyone wanting a spell-check for CintaNotes, I'd suggest Tiny Spell in the meantime:
http://tinyspell.numerit.com/

It works fine with CintaNotes (though I'd prefer to see the spell-check built in as well).

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”