Sort order

Thomas Lohrum

Sort order

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 pm

When i switch from one section to "All" by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Space the sort order of the last section will be used for "All". Shouldn't "All" have its own persistent setting? I think this is a bug.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Sort order

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:55 am

But "All" is not a section, remember?) At least not yet..
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 am

Actually, I don't really like the current section/search model.
I think it was a mistake to give each section its own search and sort state.
It makes the program cumbersome to use. More often than not, the saved
search state is not needed and I have to reset it.
Maybe we should really make the search/sort state global, what do you think?
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:36 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:But "All" is not a section, remember?) At least not yet..

Yes, i remember. But i thought the current design persists the SIW (search inside words) and SAF (search across fields) option. However i've just tested it again. Obviously i was wrong. The settings do not persist for "All". Not persisting sort order is not a bug. You are correct.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Actually, I don't really like the current section/search model. I think it was a mistake to give each section its own search and sort state. It makes the program cumbersome to use. More often than not, the saved search state is not needed and I have to reset it. Maybe we should really make the search/sort state global, what do you think?

At first it took me time to set all sections to include SIW and SAW and set sort order to modification date. Which underscores your point. This week i actually had a need for setting a different sort order in one section, which came in handy. Still i think your suggestion would be a step forward. Have only one global set of options affecting all sections including the non-section "All". This would also affect the search fields such as "everywhere", "any text field", etc.?

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:16 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:At first it took me time to set all sections to include SIW and SAW and set sort order to modification date. Which underscores your point. This week i actually had a need for setting a different sort order in one section, which came in handy. Still i think your suggestion would be a step forward. Have only one global set of options affecting all sections including the non-section "All". This would also affect the search fields such as "everywhere", "any text field", etc.?

Yes, this is the idea. Probably it would be possible to set a custom sort order for a section in its properties, so that this sort order will be applied every time this section is activated.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:36 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Yes, this is the idea. Probably it would be possible to set a custom sort order for a section in its properties, so that this sort order will be applied every time this section is activated.

Sounds promising.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:51 am

Ok good, then I'll schedule these changes for v3.0 (new UI)
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”