Concatenate subsequent clips option [Clipping]

Forum rules
1. Please keep it one request/suggestion per topic.
2. Please mark the requests with the following tags:
[Startup] - issue related to the program's startup or shutdown process;
[Taking] and [Clipping] - related to acquiring/creating notes (excl. editing);
[Viewing] - related to notes list browsing and reading;
[Editing] - related to the process of editing new and existing notes;
[Search] - related to note searching and finding;
[Managing] - related to note organization and management;
[Reordering/Sorting] - related to sorting or reordering the notes list;
[Clipboard] - clipboard operations;
[Import] and [Export] - issue related to bulk notes import/export;
[Globalization] - issues related to multiple languages/cultures support;
[Files] and [Backup] - file operations,notes back-end and backup;
[UI] - UI issues which don't fall into any of the above categories;
[Other] - other issues which don't fall into any of the above categories.

Thank you!
GH7

Concatenate subsequent clips option [Clipping]

Postby GH7 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:14 pm

Would like to be able to concatenate serial clips to the same note with a unique capture hotkey or keys. Meaning that once a note has been created by clipping some text, that I could clip more clips to the same note in some way. Suggestion would be to have a second unique hotkey for clipping to previous note or existing note rather than having to set a mode or something like that. cntrl-f12 and then cntrl-alt-f12 for example which concatenates to the last clipped note.

Something like that, I am sure you can come up with the best implementation approach. Thanks, G
Best,
G
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Concatenate subsequent clips option [Clipping]

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:39 am

Hi G,
You can clip a number of notes and then merge them into one using the "Merge" command (Ctrl+M).
Would that fit the bill for you?
Alex
GH7

Postby GH7 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:12 pm

that will indeed - thx. Tough to really assimilate and learn all of the alternatives to accomplish the same things, and the standard bb style makes it hard to really scope the knowledge base. Thanks much for the reply. Best, G

P.S. How does it handle tags, does it merge and add all of the individual tags to the final merged note? And how does the order of merged content take place. Meaning that if I pick 5 notes to merge, in what order will it merge them top to bottom I presume, but wondering.
Best,
G
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:23 am

GH7 wrote:that will indeed - thx. Tough to really assimilate and learn all of the alternatives to accomplish the same things, and the standard bb style makes it hard to really scope the knowledge base. Thanks much for the reply. Best, G

Yes, I'm aware of that. Please take a look at the documentation, it tries to sum up all the "idiomatic" ways of using the software. Also I plan to describe all the various ways of using CN in the upcoming [url=cintanotes.com/blog]blog posts[/url].

GH7 wrote:P.S. How does it handle tags, does it merge and add all of the individual tags to the final merged note? And how does the order of merged content take place. Meaning that if I pick 5 notes to merge, in what order will it merge them top to bottom I presume, but wondering.

Yes, it's top to bottom. In more detail, the Merge command works like this:
- The selected notes are merged in the order they currently appear in the list. So sort order is important;
- Basically the first note is retained, and text and tags from all subsequent notes are appended to it. Then all notes but the first one are removed.
Alex

Return to “Feature Requests”