"Only the paranoids survive"

CintaCPU

"Only the paranoids survive"

Postby CintaCPU » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:14 pm

I ask my friends of Cinta Notes directly as my future competitors :PPP
I need to answer to myself the following question :

I use CintaNotes for a year and is one of the most important software I've ever had. BUT !!!
I need also to Ctrl+F12 to the following instances in order to empty my memory :

1. spot high interest time as minutes and second of an mp3 music or video or youtube etc (also title of course)
2. spot high interest page (the number of the page) of a pdf file which consists not in text but images (usually scanned).

Will YOU do it or me as a near future "great" programmer I have to give my own solution and then run to the market ? :-)

(plz answer quickly or I'm going to crowfunding ... that's called aggresive applications (lol)

thanks guys - I can't live without your software !

gunars

Re: "Only the paranoids survive"

Postby gunars » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:06 pm

CintaCPU wrote:thanks guys - I can't live without your software !

I'd suggest getting the CintaNotes Lifetime Pro license - we'd hate to lose you :-)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:32 am

Wow that's something new - threatening with competition to increase feature's priority :)
Seriously, thanks a lot for the kind words and great ideas ;)

Wonderful ideas, actually. But unfortunately they are worth very little without implementation.

1. Probably the youtube clipping is easier to implement. You'd just need to detect that youtube is the current
page (already possible) and detect what is the current timestamp (hardly possible without writing a browser extension).
So, probably doable, just needs extensions for all popular browsers - IE, Chrome, FF, Safari, Opera.

Added to the roadmap:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/527 ... time-mark/

2. This is highly dependent on what software you use to view the PDF. If you settle to support only Adobe Reader, I guess it should be possible to do.

BTW the idea seems to already exist on the roadmap:
http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/302 ... -the-file/
Alex
CintaCPU

Postby CintaCPU » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:31 am

http://roadmap.cintanotes.com/topic/302 ... -the-file/

wooowowowww !!!!!

Pc-guru 4 years ago • updated by Alex Jenter 3 years ago • 2

"First thank you for the very useful program. I would have kissed the programmer's feet if cintanotes could add also the page number of the PDF or DOC I am reading, together with the name and path of the file! Having over 2000 PDF files and around 2800 MS Word DOC to flick through, if that function becomes available then your program should be renamed to MagicNotes or CintaMagic!"

What he asked is exactly what I wanted .... but ... but you shouldn't show me that !!!!!!!!

4 ? Four ? Four years late ????
I like fishing too but now ... alea jacta est !! :P

Good luck to both of us !!

ps : it' not only about youtube on line videos but it could be local files need for memorize a moment in mp3, avi, mp4 ... anything than can "enclose" in a second the human torment on his/her existance :-)

it's all about the ... Ctrl + F12 ... the moment ... before ...

I've got a "gift" for you - before our "roads" are separated 4 ever ...

Your concept of simplicity via Ctrl + F12 brings to my memory something about the beauty of the "last" moment ...
A Japanese pupil has been asked in London before years about love of the nature of Japanese people but she initially refused that, because, she said, also English people feel the same .. but the professor insisted that "no way, English people have gardening as entertainment" ... and if they see something beatiful they'll say just "it's beautiful" ....
but Japanese have got a special relationship ...
"think little girl : what do you feel when those beautiful flowers flourish in Spring ?"

well ... after some minutes (difficult question for a little girl but ..) she said "no !!"
We are not celebrate the flourish but the fall of the flowers of the cherry tree !!!!

Actually they celebrate the last moments of the beauty before death ...
And the proffesor who told that story to me finally glorious summarized :

"The height of beauty is reached only moments before it is forever extinguished" ........ !!!!!!!!!!

So Ctrl + F12 it is the moment (and the beauty) before our live memory "forever extinguished" into the digital world of memories ...

I hope you liked my "gift"..

Thanks for the encheason :-)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 am

Heh, yes, 4 years. A long time, I know. But if it were 500 votes instead of just 5, it wouldn't be that long.

And thanks for the "gift" :D
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”