Download:
Installable: CintaNotes_2_8_3_Beta1_Setup.exe
Portable: CintaNotes_2_8_3_Beta1.zip
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.3 Beta 1

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:54 am

Hi Alex,

as promised my feedback regarding the latest changes to storing items into search history. With my setting "filters.text.addtohistory.timeout.msecs = 2500" i got all my desired items into the list whereas unwanted items (changes) did not make it into the list - as desired. History management has become a reliable and predictable feature. :)

One minor issue i became aware of while checking history management is the following use case:

• have the main window open
  • search for text in the search edit field
  • no match, respectively do not open a note
  • hide the main window using the global shortcut
  • come back to CN by opening the main window again
  • start typing for a new search

There's the problem. The text in the search field is not selected, thus any new characters get added to the existing search text. I think that the search text should be selected (highlighted) when CN gets called and the search field has the focus. What do you think?

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 am

Hi Thomas,
thanks for your comments.

Regarding Search History - do you think that the default 4 secs should be changed to 2.5 secs? I guess not all users are that fast ;)

Re search text selection - I think this problem can be easily solved just by moving focus to the notes list on minimize. This way when you call CN back and start typing, the typed text will replace the text which is currently in the search box.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:20 am

Hi Alex,

great to have you respond quickly ;)

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Regarding Search History - do you think that the default 4 secs should be changed to 2.5 secs? I guess not all users are that fast ;)

There is no easy answer to this, as you said by yourself. But maybe bringing it down to 3 or 3.5 seconds might be an improvement worth trying.

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Re search text selection - I think this problem can be easily solved just by moving focus to the notes list on minimize. This way when you call CN back and start typing, the typed text will replace the text which is currently in the search box.

Ok, that's what i call a workaround. ;) It should solve the issue! Great thanks!

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Hi Alex,
great to have you respond quickly ;)

Can happen sometimes ;)

Thomas Lohrum wrote:There is no easy answer to this, as you said by yourself. But maybe bringing it down to 3 or 3.5 seconds might be an improvement worth trying.

I think I'd rather not change it unless I get substantial feedback from users that 4 secs is too much.

Ok, that's what i call a workaround. ;) It should solve the issue! Great thanks!

No problem - already done in 2.8.3 final which have just been released.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:23 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:Ok, that's what i call a workaround. ;) It should solve the issue! Great thanks!
No problem - already done in 2.8.3 final which have just been released.

Just tested the final release. Thanks Alex, works like a charm.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:24 am

Thomas Lohrum wrote:Just tested the final release. Thanks Alex, works like a charm.

My pleasure! :) Seems like we got the best of both worlds - users are happy (at least one ;) ), and the dev is happy because it was easy to implement. Let's see how it plays in the field however :)
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”