• Fixed: word wrap is off, thus there's always a horizontal scrollbar visible
  • Added new Options/Editor/Word Wrap option
  • Editor: link icon should not be greyed out and should have a tooltip
  • Editor: added inline labels

Changes introduced in 2.8.5 Beta 1:
    Enhancements:
    • Editor: replaced "Tags", "Link" and "Remarks" labels with icons
    • Editor: made Ctrl+Del delete note confirmation optional
    • Simplenote sync: if synchronization was activated, start syncing immediately after closing the Synchronization dialog
    • Internal code improvements
    Fixes:
    • Simplenote sync: fixed moving remote notes to recycle bin bug
    • Simplenote sync: don't request tag index twice
    • Wrong backup path used when CintaNotes is in Program Files subfolder

Download:
Installable: CintaNotes_2_8_5_Beta2_Setup.exe
Portable: CintaNotes_2_8_5_Beta2.zip

WARNING! BETA SOFTWARE! USE AT OWN RISK AND ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST!
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Re: [Ann] CintaNotes 2.8.5 Beta 2

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks Alex! Beta 2 is a nice one :D

I gave it a quick shot for its major functionality. Everything is fine.

Some remarks:

• The inline labels are very nice. Now we have the best of both worlds. Simplicity and space gain, while still easy understandable. One minor thing: The inline label disappears when the edit control gets the focus. Other UI's hide the label when the user starts editing. Your implementation is alright. It's just different implementations.
  • the focus for the sync dialog should be set to the checkbox on initial opening
  • The word-wrap option is available only via a global setting. As such it affects editing only when opening a new editor window. To make the functionality complete word-wrap should be changeable from inside the editor window too.

Thomas

[EDIT 20:15] I like the new editor layout a lot. It's clean and very charming. :)
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:27 am

Hi Thomas,
thanks for testing this beta!

The inline labels are very nice. Now we have the best of both worlds. Simplicity and space gain, while still easy understandable. One minor thing: The inline label disappears when the edit control gets the focus. Other UI's hide the label when the user starts editing. Your implementation is alright. It's just different implementations.

Great! I actually like this implementation better. Once I focus the field, I don't want the label to be in my way.

the focus for the sync dialog should be set to the checkbox on initial opening

It is focused, but the focus rectangle is not displayed by Windows. To make it shown, activate Control Panel / Ease of Access Center / Make the Keyboard easier to use /
Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys. (See here for details: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9226 ... ey-pressed )

The word-wrap option is available only via a global setting. As such it affects editing only when opening a new editor window. To make the functionality complete word-wrap should be changeable from inside the editor window too.

I agree, but then we'd have to make it a per-note setting => we'll need to add a new field to the DB, what is now not desired. So I say let's postpone this.

I like the new editor layout a lot. It's clean and very charming.

That's inspiring, thanks!
Alex
usbpoweredfridge

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Just on a quick check, I don't immediately see anything wrong with the new look - it looks fine.

Chris
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks, Chris! BTW I've already made the final release: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1971
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:14 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:
Thomas Lohrum wrote:the focus for the sync dialog should be set to the checkbox on initial opening
It is focused, but the focus rectangle is not displayed by Windows. To make it shown, activate Control Panel / Ease of Access Center / Make the Keyboard easier to use /Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys. (See here for details: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9226 ... ey-pressed )

That's correct. Thanks for pointing this out.

Thomas

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”