Vertical Tabs

Thomas Lohrum

Vertical Tabs

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Alex,

there is a issue i am facing from time to time caused as a side effect by the paste into list feature. Right now it is not possible to get rid off vertical tabs, except converting line by line manually. For example i need to convert a paragraph from a list to normal text separated by crlf rather than vertical tabs. One way could be to automatically convert v-tabs when the bullet style gets removed by pressing Ctrl+L. However it would also fit the bill, to first select and cut the paragraph from the list, remove the bullet and then paste the clipboard content as normal text (crlf separated). Visually there is no big difference using v-tabs, but when you want to format the text it will cause unwanted styles, for example pressing Ctrl+Shift+U.

What do you think?

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Vertical Tabs

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Thomas,

IMO vertical tabs could be autoconverted to CRLFs as soon as the list style is removed.
But this would mean that removing list style will become a one way operation,
pressing Ctrl+L again will make each line a separate list item.
(I'd prefer for cut and paste to not do any text transformations behind the curtains).
Would this be acceptable?
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:47 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Hi Thomas, IMO vertical tabs could be autoconverted to CRLFs as soon as the list style is removed.
But this would mean that removing list style will become a one way operation, pressing Ctrl+L again will make each line a separate list item. (I'd prefer for cut and paste to not do any text transformations behind the curtains). Would this be acceptable?

I also prefer cut and paste. Though it might require an extra step, it is obvious what the user requests. It also avoids accidental behaviour, for example when pressing Ctrl+L is meant to change format style only.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Thomas, I suspect that you misread what I was trying to say ;)
I meant that I didn't want cut&paste to do any transformations like converting vertical tabs to crlfs, and actually I was favoring the former approach with Ctrl+L. Accidental pressing of Ctrl+L can be reverted with undo.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:53 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Thomas, I suspect that you misread what I was trying to say ;)
I meant that I didn't want cut&paste to do any transformations like converting vertical tabs to crlfs, and actually I was favoring the former approach with Ctrl+L. Accidental pressing of Ctrl+L can be reverted with undo.

Ok, sorry. Now i got it. This is even better! You are correct, since we can use undo, reverting is no problem :)

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:06 am

Great, I've scheduled it for V2.9.1
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 am

Confirm changed with 2.9 beta 1.

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”