Problems Capturing Notes from RSS Reader

Muad`Dib

Problems Capturing Notes from RSS Reader

Postby Muad`Dib » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 am

CintaNotes (Pro v3.13) interacts fine with my browser, but when I use an RSS reader (specifically QuiteRSS v0.18.12 - https://quiterss.org), CN doesn't capture the highlighted title or the URL. Here's what happens:

I open up the RSS article within the reader, highlight the article's title (either from within the displayed article itself (again, within the RSS reader), or from the title header displayed when I select the RSS link) and type CTRL-F12. This results in Version: 1.0 (not sure what that refers to, since neither QuiteRSS or CintaNotes is at version 1.0) appearing in the CintaNotes title field, a bunch of HTML code appearing in the CN body field (see code snippet below for the actual text when trying to capture a link from a BBC article), and nothing appearing in the link field.

This same behavior occurs across all RSS sources I've tried so far.

Within CN I have "Clipping|Use as Title" set to "First Line of Text" (which seems the logical choice, the other two options behave as described, but aren't useful for article clipping).

Any ideas how I can get CN to successfully capture notes/links from QuiteRSS? I'd rather not have to send each article to a browser before I can use CN to capture the info. That extra step somewhat defeats the convenience of using CN to quickly capture/organize info.

NOTE: There was another forum post about 3 years ago from a user who seemed to successfully use QuiteRSS http://cintanotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2166&p=11260&hilit=rss#p11260, but then started getting an error message (which seems unrelated to my issue). Unfortunately, he never replied to a follow-up question, so I don't know if he ever got the two programs to work together again. I mention his post simply to show that at least for awhile he was using QuiteRSS and CintaNotes together.

Code: Select all

StartHTML:0000000107
EndHTML:0000000698
StartFragment:0000000127
EndFragment:0000000680

<!--StartFragment--><h1 class="story-body__h1" style="border: 0px; color: rgb(30, 30, 30); font-family: Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-size: 2rem; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 1.125; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Neil Armstrong - the man behind the legend</h1><!--EndFragment-->
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: Problems Capturing Notes from RSS Reader

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:32 am

Hi and thanks for the message!
During next week I'll install QuiteRSS and, provided that I can reproduce the issue, will add it to the list of issues to be fixed in the next update.
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”