Feature Requests

Which features would be most important for you? (Pick 3)

Advanced search (incl. regular expressions)
5%
Alarms in notes
4%
Attaching images and files
13%
Automatic backups
3%
Basic formatting
11%
Better tag management
7%
Check for new versions command
2%
Displaying tags and links in the notes list
3%
Expanding and collapsing notes in the list
5%
Export: more formats and more configurable
3%
Importing notes from XML and other formats
2%
Hotkeys to activate CintaNotes and to add a new note
1%
Links inside notes
9%
Multiple language support (UI in your native language)
4%
Multiple notebook files with fast switching between them
7%
Opening multiple note windows
2%
Option to clip without main window showing up (silent clipping)
2%
Printing notes
4%
Tabbed note categories
11%
Other (please describe in a post)
2%

Total votes: 1051
DStrohma

Re: Feature Requests

Postby DStrohma » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:43 am

toddclausen wrote:
DStrohma wrote:it would be great if there would be the possibility to change the order of the notes (click and hold on a note and then drag it above a other note)

Dave, you can move notes currently by clicking on the note(s) then using ALT + Up and Down - click and drag is not available yet

thx for the info! i really love this application and im using it every day...
msel

Postby msel » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 am

Hello,

i find the program very useful.
If you use silent clipping the program uses as title the program of which the text was copied. I think this is sometimes very useful.
But often you do not need the source but you want to use instead the first line of the copied text as title.
In this case it would be useful if the source is copied with the selected text and insert into the textfield as last line of the textfield.

Greetings, Maria!
guimaboy

Postby guimaboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:05 pm

First I want to thank the developer, i was so in need of a software like this that i even thought in developing myself even though i would need a huge amount of time and patience. But you did first, and I couldn't make better. My most sincere congratulations.

About the new features the ONLY thing i miss is attach images. I would be very delighted if you change that.

I am really happy of say personally how i enjoy this software !!
toddclausen

Postby toddclausen » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 pm

guimaboy wrote:About the new features the ONLY thing i miss is attach images. I would be very delighted if you change that.

This will be available in the commercial version - please be patient!
CintaNotes Developer wrote:The features I plan for commercial version are:
- Images and files attachments
-Todd
guimaboy

Postby guimaboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Thank you todd. I would like to give my email to keep in contact with you guys. guimaboy2005@gmail.com. And if this kind and noble man who developed this software would like to give a license for the commercial version i would be very glad. ;)
guimaboy

Postby guimaboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 pm

and if was necessary to register to receive the promised license i did now o/

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 pm

for the tile,i have another idea.why not create a title directly with the first line for a no title note,so,when i write a simple note,i need not create a title and click the tab key and write the content,just write down a note line by line is enough. at the time,cursor should be in content area as default.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:00 pm

furthermore,when a note was finished, if i can use double-enter as a hot key to close the window,it will be a smooth experience.
gravi_t

Postby gravi_t » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:44 am

Hello Alex,

Here's my feedback.

First and foremost, I love that your programme has a very clean and simple interface, is portable, it is really fast and it leaves a small memory and cpu footprint. Please keep this up! I just started to use a few weeks ago, it came as a perfect gap-filler.

As I was reading this long thread, I found out about some great features that I hadn't known about, like:
- clicking tray icon to open/minimise window
- Ctrl up/down to switch between search modes
- Alt up/down to arrange notes
- F4 to add/remove tags
Very nice!

These are the features that have already been mentioned and I would like to see them implemented too:
- multiple notebooks, displayed in tabs
- open several notes at the same time
- expand a note to full size in list view
- use operators in the search field: "?", "*", "AND", "OR", "-"
- find untagged notes
- existing tags auto suggest
- very basic formatting (bold, italic, underline, tab button)
- search within a note (with Ctrl-F maybe)
- not to bog down the user with too many options (aka. "simple mode", "expert mode")
- optional password protection
- clicking on a tag to display all notes with that tag (a question is how this should be implemented when there are multiple notebooks)
- url detection (urls to be clickable)
- hide/archive notes: this can be done when multiple notebooks are introduced, by transferring notes to an "archive" notebook
- hide vertical scroll bar: there's really no need for it (but I don't mind if you keep it)

These are the features that I would not like to see introduced:
- merging the title and the text field (keeping it separated means the UI is clean and simple)
- making the year in the date 2-digit -- please, keep it as it is (yyyy)
- hide date / time
- hierarchical tabs: the 3-level organisation you mentioned is just fine, and the lack of label hierarcy can be solved by the use of search operators ("AND", "OR", "-")
- prefix searches: Ctrl up/down is enough -- you cold make the icons more different from each other though
- note expiration date: I don't need this
- alarms: ditto -- I use an alarm clock software for this
- direct edit in list view: I'd rather have the expand note feature when I click on one
- synchronisation options: not necessary, this can be done by other software, e.g. SyncToy

- include pictures, files, colourful tags, drag&drop, other fancy features: only if they do not slow down the software

And finally, these are my suggestions:
- the transfer of notes between notebooks to be done with a drop-down menu, and with the options of "copy" and "move" (I would not like drag&drop to slow down the prog)
- controlled export: export notes that you select by Ctrl-clicking
- the ability to select text while in list view (so that you don't need to open the note)
- when editing a note, these buttons should be there bottom right: "Save", "Cancel", "Save & close", and in this order, so that we are less likely to accidentally discard a longer editing session
- more options when setting hot keys, e.g. backspace-F12 to display the main window -- much easier to press than Alt-Ctrl-F12
- make the Ctrl up/down search selection go in a circle: I mean pressing Ctrl-F and then Ctrl-up should go to "search tags"
- the colour themes should include stronger colours as well
- 3 presets for text clipping (maybe with different hotkeys too): 1) use application's name as title, 2) use first line of clipped text as title and 3) leave title blank
- translation: I can help (to translate to Hungarian) if you decide to localise the software -- not a global language, but a language nonetheless...

That's all, I hope it was not too tiring to read all this.
Looking forward to the updates

gravi_t
toddclausen

Postby toddclausen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Thanks gravi_t! I would second almost all of your thoughts! CintaNotes is getting better with each new beta, and many of us here on the forum love it for its simplicity and speed. We would hate to have it go the way of so many other pieces of software that get bloated with features most people would never use. Many of the things on your wish list are on Alex's roadmap, and I would like to see many of the additional features added only as optional extensions if at all to keep things clean, fast and simple!
gravi_t

Postby gravi_t » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi Todd,

"Many of the things on your wish list are on Alex's roadmap"
Yes, I am aware of that, I posted the first part of the list to cast my vote for those features.

My actual new suggestions are at the end of the list, though I've just realised that we can already export selected notes, so we can cross that one out.

gravi_t
fsurj

Postby fsurj » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:22 am

Hi,

I'm new to CintaNotes... love the progs and simplicity... just want to request a little suggestion.
I really love to have an options of auto arrange of new notes... whether it's sort by old dates or new dates. Because I prefer when I open CintaNotes and found the newest notes instead of the oldest notes first... Thanks in advance.
kranor

Postby kranor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:02 am

Hi Fsurj
If you have a look at the Roadmap you will find basic note sorting as Item #72 in the list. It will be done Once the developer reaches that point on the roadmap.

P.S welcome to the forum :D 8-)
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”