Hope you've had a great summer!
Now it's finally time to start testing the major new release of CN with file and image attachments!
If you remember, in May we released an early "alpha" of this functionality, but were hit by the fact
that Simplenote didn't make it possible to sync files. Well, now we finally solved this problem
by utilizing our own server for syncing attachments.
On your part, you don't have to do anything: everything is handled by CN automatically. No extra server
credentials (Simplenote credentials are used).
For now, we have to limit server space usage with 100MB of compressed files per one sync account.
This limitation will probably stay, since CintaNotes is not intended for managing large files.
(If you need to handle large files, use links to files stored in Dropbox or similar services.)
All files are compressed and encrypted with your own Simplenote password.
Here are the details:
- File and image attachments in notes.
- Tracking of attachment viewing and editing: temp files are automatically removed, warning upon opening attachments from encrypted notebooks.
- Synchronization of attachments (100MB limit)
Added used server space indicator to the File/Synchronization window.
- Editor: links to files in note text didn't always open
- Wrong tag counts after batch tagging
- Simplenote sync: fix possible creation of note duplicates
Since this is an early beta, USE ONLY FOR TESTING. DON'T USE ON YOUR NOTES!
We don't guarantee that uploaded files will be preserved!