databaseexception sqllite error 1 again!

rstalling
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:17 pm
Contact:

databaseexception sqllite error 1 again!

Postby rstalling » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:57 pm

I got the following error message using version 3.1.3 upon saving a note:
cintanotes class db:: databaseexception sqllite error 1 missing database

I was unable to save my note and unable to copy the still visible (and selectable) text to notepad or other word processor.
I upgraded tot the newest version 3.2 but the error still occurred with multiple notes after editing.
I restarted the computer to no avail. I am using Windows XP, I know that's outdated, but I am stuck with it for my own reasons
Notes that I tried to save can be closed (with error message) but cannot be reopened. Other notes, not previously opened, can be opened and closed without problems when not edited.
After closing Cintanotes and reopening it, the blocked notes are accessible again.

What is wrong with the (missing??) database in question, since note contents can be accessed, but cannot be accessed for writing?
Might this be a corrupted program, corrupted settings file (looks OK) or the main cintanote.db (which is obviously not missing)?
cintanotes.settings points to the correct filelocation + filename.


logfiles typical content:

Timestamp Thread Forced Function Details
18:48:1.890625 4432 logging::Log::init Started logging
18:48:1.890625 4432 logging::Log::init App version: 3.2, Jul 28 2016
18:48:1.890625 4432 X ui::wndProcCore ERROR:class db::DatabaseException
SQLite error 1:
SQL logic error or missing database

18:48:5.718750 4432 X ui::Window::getHwnd ERROR:ui::Window::getHwnd class ui::Window const *: Cinta.ModelessDialog,
18:48:8.546875 4432 X ui::wndProcCore ERROR:class err::InvalidStateException
ui::Window::getHwnd class ui::Window const *: Cinta.ModelessDialog,

[with multiple occurrences of these last three lines]

The only post on the forum I could find is from 2014:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1797&p=8081&hilit=databaseexception#p8081
and concerned an old version 1.8.4. The problem went away after an upgrade to 2.5.

Is there a way to verify or repair the corrupt file?

Thanks in advance.
date
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: databaseexception sqllite error 1 again!

Postby date » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:59 am

rstalling wrote:Might this be a corrupted program, corrupted settings file (looks OK) or the main cintanote.db (which is obviously not missing)?
cintanotes.settings points to the correct filelocation + filename.

I don't know about the error, but it doesn't hurt to try and see if you can export your .db to xml, and import that xml to a newly created .db. Taking care of course not to overwrite your current .db, or zip it up first so you have a backup. So you can rule out a corrupt .db.

Perhaps it helps if you mention if this always happens, or just sometimes.
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: databaseexception sqllite error 1 again!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi and thanks for the report!

This looks very much like database corruption to me.
Could you please try the advice from this post and tell the results? Thanks!
Alex
rstalling
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:17 pm
Contact:

Re: databaseexception sqllite error 1 again!

Postby rstalling » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi Date and Alex

Thanks for the prompt responses!

I tried the XML export/import method and it worked! It seems nothing got lost.

I kept a corrupt copy and will try the buitl-in integrity check that I found described elswhere in this forum (the one using settings) to see if it works just as well.

So, problem SOLVED, but may be keep this thread open for a short while.

Thanks for the help!

BTW: I found this log entry on the screen and later in a logfile:
"Notebook database file may be corrupt. To fix it, please send the following information to support@cintanotes.com: *** in database main ***
On tree page 16527 cell 33: Rowid 225152 out of order (previous was 225177)
On tree page 16111 cell 0: Rowid 225178 out of order (max larger than parent max of 225152)"
Maybe it is of any use.

Ron
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: databaseexception sqllite error 1 again!

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:47 am

Yes, this means that the db was corrupt. Glad that the fix worked!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”