[Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

[Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:41 am

Sep 1, 2016 - Version 3.3.1 Beta1

In this version:

Fixes:
  • Fix tag list scroll buttons behavior
  • Drag-and-drop shouldn't cause main window to lose focus
  • Dragged notes should appear selected

Download:
Installable: CintaNotes_3_3_1_Beta1_Setup.exe
Portable: CintaNotes_3_3_1_Beta1.zip
Alex
User avatar
usbpoweredfridge
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:08 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby usbpoweredfridge » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:05 pm

Still not fixed I'm afraid. A single click jumps down a little bit - say half a dozen entries. I don't think that is the same as 3.2.1, would have to check. But - there is now a new problem introduced. A single click followed by a second quick click jumps all the way down to the bottom (or top) of the list. If you are quick enough - and I am - you can get a filtering of the list because that second quick click jumps the list to the top or bottom, and then seems to register again, as a click on the very top (or bottom) tag, thus filtering the list.

Think I will go back to 3.2.1 until this is sorted out - tag scrolling is important to me, as my tag lists for each section are long.

Chris

Edit: Nuts, I can't go back. 3.2.1 is no longer on the download server (and I deleted both my copy of the 3.2.1 installer and portable download when 3.3 was released).
User avatar
Ovg
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:44 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby Ovg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:36 pm

usbpoweredfridge wrote:
Edit: Nuts, I can't go back. 3.2.1 is no longer on the download server (and I deleted both my copy of the 3.2.1 installer and portable download when 3.3 was released).


http://cintanotes.com/download-start?fi ... _Setup.exe
http://cintanotes.com/download-start?fi ... _3_2_1.zip
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
CN 3.11 LifeTime Pro Licence / Windows 7 SP1 x64
date
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby date » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Works perfect for me?? Single click scrolls one, holding the arrow continues scrolling, double clicking jumps to top/bottom... has always been?

Ok, the time differentiating between a 'click' and a 'holddown' is a bit short.

Cintanotes Developer wrote:Dragged notes should appear selected

Don't know what this means. NoteS as in multiple? Didn't notice anything different :)
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:35 am

usbpoweredfridge wrote:Still not fixed I'm afraid. A single click jumps down a little bit - say half a dozen entries. I don't think that is the same as 3.2.1, would have to check. But - there is now a new problem introduced. A single click followed by a second quick click jumps all the way down to the bottom (or top) of the list. If you are quick enough - and I am - you can get a filtering of the list because that second quick click jumps the list to the top or bottom, and then seems to register again, as a click on the very top (or bottom) tag, thus filtering the list.


Yes, this is double-click behavior. CN uses Control Panel settings to determine the max time period between two clicks so that it is registered as a double click. I think you might want to try shortening it in the "Mouse" system settings.

"Scroll the tag list all the way to the top/bottom on double clicking on a scroll button" is a feature that was requested by Thomas some time ago.
Alex
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:37 am

date wrote:Don't know what this means. NoteS as in multiple? Didn't notice anything different :)


This is a minor thing. When you drag a note, it used to "lose focus" (the title became bleak). Not any more.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi Alex,

there is a minor bug, when dragging multiple notes. When you hover over a section a hint is shown "4 notes moved into section '4'". The count is used as the section name.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:41 am

Thomas, thanks for the report! Are you sure that is valid for English translation, and not German?
Alex
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:55 pm

CintaNotes Developer wrote:Thomas, thanks for the report! Are you sure that is valid for English translation, and not German?

Alex,

i translated to english. Obviously this was misleading. The bug is with german language. English is correct, however.

Thomas
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [Ann] Cintanotes 3.3.1 Beta (Tag List Scrolling Hotfix)

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:31 am

I've found the problem in the German translation and fixed it. Thanks Thomas!
Alex

Return to “CintaNotes Personal Notes Manager”