Sorry for being silent for quite some time. Polishing HTML clipping took its toll: the task is way harder than you might think.
Basically it can be even compared to writing a very simple and stripped-down, but still - own! - browser engine.
This version should do a better job at handling HTML than previous version, although there still are some untouched
places (most notably tables).
Also, as promised, now you can paste HTML into note editor.
Please take a look, would be grateful for any feedback!
Mar 21, 2017 - Version 3.6 Beta2
In this version:
- Parse HTML for links and basic formatting upon clipping
- Support pasting of HTML into notes list and note editor
- Note links: open another notebook's note if it exists in opened notebook
- Make scrollbars clickable when window is maximized and mouse is at the rightmost edge
- Export: XML not created when previous directory is removed
- Note links: keyboard shortcuts didn't work in Russian
- HTML export: regression - no spacing between paragraphs
- Editor: tab indents not lining up correctly
- Drag and drop: block keyboard while drag
- Editor: unwanted keyboard layout change upon paste
- Notes list: weird selection behavior when selection.followedited = 0
- About dialog: missing licensee info
- Simplenote sync: sync could fail because of certificate security error