Font display problem: western letters in chinese text.

rongmu

Font display problem: western letters in chinese text.

Postby rongmu » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 am

Update:

This issue seems to be solved by manually editing the cintanotes.settings file and setting the value of app.mainframe.notetextfont.face from the former chinese character string to the font's english name "SimSun".

-------------------------------

Hi!

I meet some trouble with font display.
I've set the note text font to Simsun, the default chinese font on windows.
There's no problem with chinese characters, of course.
But everytime I append some roman letters into a new note, or edit a previously saved note, the trouble shows up.
Not only roman letters, but also some trouble with digits and symbols, which seems a little bit more subtle.

Below are 2 screenshots to describe my problem:

Newly inputted Letters are not displayed in customized font.

After save&re-open, they are displayed correctly.
The problem with digits and symbols is somewhat subtle...

Where does the problem lie?

(well, I know there also must be some BUGS with my English... ;)

Greets
Eric.
Last edited by rongmu on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ale

Re: Font display problem: western letters in chinese text.

Postby ale » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:51 am

Hello rongmu welcome to the forum and thanks for the detailed report, I moved your post to the bug reports subforum.
Your problem might be the same as described here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1115 and here you can read an answer viewtopic.php?p=4075#p4075.
Of course the developer will read this topic and eventually add further commments :)
rongmu

Postby rongmu » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:56 am

ale wrote:Hello rongmu welcome to the forum and thanks for the detailed report, I moved your post to the bug reports subforum.
Your problem might be the same as described here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1115 and here you can read an answer viewtopic.php?p=4075#p4075.
Of course the developer will read this topic and eventually add further commments :)

Hi Ale, thanks for the reply and the references!

Well, I agree that this is not a critical problem at present, but as the numbers of users from East Asia or other regions grow, it will become an issue.

Hope the solution won't come up too late :)
rongmu

Postby rongmu » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:51 am

Update:

This issue seems to be solved by manually editing the cintanotes.settings file and setting the value of app.mainframe.notetextfont.face from the former chinese character string to the font's english name "SimSun".

Return to “Bug Reports”