Tag problem

gunars
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:35 am
Contact:

Tag problem

Postby gunars » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi Alex,

This is a continuation of the tagging problems I (and Thomas) brought up in the 2.8 b2 message. I brought it over here to separate it from the filter history discussion. In this case, I didn't lose any tags (yet), but it may offer a clue.

I just opened up a notebook I hadn't touched in a few weeks (CN updated it to 2.8) and added a note with a tag of 'bofa'. When done, I clicked on the 'bofa' tag to see what else I had with this tag. As you can see in the screenshot, three notes were found (the new one and two older ones), but the count in the tag list says 1. I closed the notebook and reopened it. It now says 3, as it should.

Gunars
Attachments
cn-tag1.png
cn-tag1.png (61.65 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
Thomas Lohrum
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Tag problem

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi Alex,
Hi Gunars,

i have seen similar problems over the last couple of months. In those cases i am aware of, the problems were related to hierarchical tags. For example when i expanded the top tag it would show 12 notes, but the sum of the sub-tags were less than 12. I suppose the issue is related to CN's caching algorithm and does include versions prior to 2.8.

Thomas
gunars
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:35 am
Contact:

Re: Tag problem

Postby gunars » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:11 pm

In this case, however, 'bofa' is not a hierarchical tag. In the other case I mentioned, the 'ink' was also not a hierarchical tag when it disappeared from all notes.
User avatar
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Tag problem

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:46 am

Hi Gunars, Thomas,

thanks a lot for the extended description of the problem. I'm already aware that this is some kind of caching issue,
and will try to fix it in Beta 3 via refactoring the caching system. Unfortunately, there still no way to reliably reproduce the problem, so refactoring seems to me to be the only possible solution at the moment. But thanks anyway!
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”