F3 search broken?

Thomas Lohrum

F3 search broken?

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:22 am

I remember that i was able to search for a multi word phrase, such as "mind manager". When opening the editor it would search and highlight all matches either "mind" or "manager". With the latest versions of CintaNotes it will search and highlight for the last word of the phrase only (here: "manager").

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: F3 search broken?

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi Thomas,
As far as I remember this never worked inside of note editor, only in note previews.
Probably you're mixing up note previews and editor.

It would be of course great for the search to work the same in editor and in previews,
I think it's worth adding to the roadmap, what about you?
Alex
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:00 pm

UPDATE: I was wrong, sorry! it indeed worked in early versions, before the Search & Replace dialog was implemented.
Alex
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 am

CintaNotes Developer wrote:UPDATE: I was wrong, sorry! it indeed worked in early versions, before the Search & Replace dialog was implemented.

Thanks for your confirmation. So we can expect a fix? :)

Thomas
Thomas Lohrum

Postby Thomas Lohrum » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Maybe it is not a bug, but an intended change, because the F3 search dialog does not know hot to handle multi word searches?

To clarify!

Imo, these two search functions can work separately. The F3 search is fine as it is. However, if i open a note after doing a search within the main window i want the search to be able to find all occurrences of all search terms, just as the preview does.

Thomas
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:38 pm

Yes, we'll need to think a bit how to best go about this. Making search dialog understand advanced search syntax seems to be a lot of work.
I guess a special search mode could be implemented and would be used only before Search dialog has been displayed.
Alex

Return to “Bug Reports”